Golf in the Off Season

Golf in the Off Season

•  

With summer winding down often you find some "special values" at some very nice resorts or public courses. During the fall there are some very good "values" to be had in many parts of Florida. Any one have some advice or ideas on where there are some great golf weekends or longer to had at a very good price?

•  

Myrtle Beach is always a good choice, and if you can guess right witht he weather you can play some great courses for cheap in the midwest during late Sept/early October. Just bring your long johns just incase.

•  

The Destin, FL area has alot of nice courses.  Most of them run specials during the off season.  I've vacationed down there several times and would recommend it.

•  

memphisunited

The Destin, FL area has alot of nice courses.  Most of them run specials during the off season.  I've vacationed down there several times and would recommend it.

You are so right about Destin plus great seafood. Buster's happy hour is my favorite. $3.59 a dozen oysters and $2 beer and the  grouper

•  

The St. Pete and Tampa area has also had some good deals lately. I've seen some private clubs open offer "member for a day" specials...not sure how nice of a course it is but still a good deal if you looking to get a round in at a new to you track.

• 4775 points

I couldn't imagine living somewhere where there are golf "seasons" having to put my clubs away for a couple of months would crush me.

•  

There are a number of courses in our area that are offering better deals. I, for one, golf year round as we winter in Texas. It is nice to be retired and golf all year and not worry about golf lasting as long as possible during the oncoming fall and winter months. However, when we do get some cold weather, it is tough to sit around and not golf.

•  

I thought Golf season was all year.  I guess that is only because I live in the South.  Myrtle Beach has some great deals in the winter months.  Pinehurst also has some great deals durning the traditional late fall/winter months.

•  

Starting in mid september there are some great deals on 4 great tracks in WV, the Greenbrier has 3 courses (where the PGA Greenbrier Open will be played next year), Stonewall Resort, Pete Dye Golf Club, and The Raven at Snowshoe, late September and early October still offer some decent weather.

•  

Sure Jas rub it in...us midwesterners have to deal with winter and only dream of playing year round.  Good thing for me I'm into hockey and enjoy the winter that way.

•  

Last February I was in need of some away time from the office and found this little town in South Carolina --- Santee --- with amazing prices on golf. 

Some of the courses were quite nice and the prices were great.  While the town itself wasn't much (no offense to anyone living there) they do take their golf pretty serious that way.

Its right off of I-95 so it seemed to be pretty popular with the vacationers going to Florida or coming back from Florida.

Looking at making plans to go back this year.  If anyone is from that area, reach out to me and maybe we can meet up when I'm out that way.

• 305 points

I couldn't agree more.  My golf season runs from Jan.1-Dec.31.  Played 150 rounds in 2008 and through August this year I have played 123.  did I tell you where I live?  believe it or not, this golf is played in the Seattle, Washington area.

•  

Hey Hooey, not that I don't enjoy golfing in the elements like I'm sure you do in Seattle, and have...I just would like to be able to golf all year round.

•  

In late May and early June the Phoenix area is wonderful. It gets in the high 90's but hey your are in a golf cart so it is not like you are digging a ditch plus some of the courses have air conditioned carts. The golf and the room rates can drop well over 50%

•  

I found that many courses in the AZ area drop their prices to super low levels in what us midwesterners call the summer time...their summertime is so much hotter than ours but if you can get out early enough or can take the heat to play really nice courses for dirt cheap AZ is a place to go.