Golf tees

Golf tees

•  

Do tees matter? Distance, straight, ..do they reduce friction?

I read a brief paragraph about Champ Zarma Flytee Pro tees in November 2013 Golf Magazine "The Techy Awards". written by Josh Sens. "reduce friction at impact, can increase distance by up to 10%" $5.99 per 4 pack.

I am not sure they would make a difference in my game; except to give me another unneeded swing thought.

Does anyone play them? Do they make a quantifiable diiference?

•  

Mark, I think tees to make a difference....of course that all could be in our minds....I play the non (supposedly) breakable plastic pro tees versus wooden tees and do notice a difference with my driver.......and they last forever.....except when I hit a really bad shot in the winter......if I hit my 3fairway, hybrids or irons I will just use a wooden nubby to give it a little height......will check these out.......have always heard to increase distance: "tee it high and let it fly"....and I guess have a good swing...saw you called, will send you a pm....

• 1362 points

Don't bother, tees do not make a difference. What makes a difference, as you already know, is the height at which they are used.

'Reduce friction'?...please! IMHO

•  

for my game, i highly doubt a tee would make any noticeable difference.  however, i did switch to plastic tees similar to the Champs.  but the only reason i switched was because i was tired of the marks on the bottom of my clubs from the painted wood tees.  now i have to carry a ball mark repair tool as the plastic tees are typically not strong enough and bend too easily.

•  

The only "friction"  buying those tees will reduce, is the  "friction" between the manufacturer and it's creditors.

•  

These tees have two great advantages to me when compared with the wood tees I used before, never break and very difficult to loose thanks to its ligth colors

• 5663 points

PT Barnum's relatives must have cooked up this one..Do the promoters state what precisely these tees do to increase driving distance ONE yard, never mind 10% increase?? The TGTBT rules always applies: If it sounds too good to be true, then it is..Applies to everything in life...

•  

No, I wouldn't put extra money in "special tees". I would say the ball you play makes a huge difference - playing the correct ball will do much more for your game than a tee would ......

•  

ChuckZ
    Mark, I think tees to make a difference....of course that all could be in our minds....I play the non (supposedly) breakable plastic pro tees versus wooden tees and do notice a difference with my driver.......and they last forever.....except when I hit a really bad shot in the winter......if I hit my 3fairway, hybrids or irons I will just use a wooden nubby to give it a little height......will check these out.......have always heard to increase distance: "tee it high and let it fly"....and I guess have a good swing...saw you called, will send you a pm....

My club gives these out, and I love them.  I have only broken 3 this whole year.  I don't think it makes the ball fly farther, but they never break.

•  

FJ tees are the best... Darn near indestructible!

• 1018 points

Rrrrrrrrrubbish!  (To borrow a phrase from Martin Hall.)  I was at the BMW last month and was amazed at the selection available to the players.  4 prong,  6 prong, 8 prong, narrow prong, wide prong, teflon, etc.  

I say it is all hype--particularly the unbreakable claims.  And they don't deteriorate like wood does.  No thanks.

• 2102 points

I found a naked lady tee a while back but was afraid to use it, gee I'm getting old.

•  

Think about it, if it made a difference EVERY Pro would be using them. And that is not the case. The vast majority use plain old wooden tees they get for free.

•  

I like using a eco friendly tee - I have used the Zarma Flytee before and like them (I also pick-up tees anytime I see one).

Not sure if the yardage claim is true.

•  

golferdrmjr
    Think about it, if it made a difference EVERY Pro would be using them. And that is not the case. The vast majority use plain old wooden tees they get for free.

Saw a lot using the non wooden at the PGA last year.....most pros get whatever they want for free from vendors at the events.....there is a good mixture on the tour from what I have seen inside the ropes.....with them I don't think it really matters, as good as they hit the ball.....