2013 World Series

2013 World Series

•  

Glad to see Boston back in the World Series after falling to the bottom of the league last year.

Should be a great series and I was lucky enough to get some tickets to game #2.

Anyone else attending the series?

I will be 2 rows behind the St. Louis dugout. I will be sporting a Royal Blue Titleist hat that I picked up from the last Vokey release.  I will add some pictures on Friday.

Go Sox

•  

Please beat the Cardinals!!!! (Reds Fan)

•  

Glad to hear you'll be there.  nothing better than October baseball.  but unfortunately i'll be rooting for the other side.  one, I live near Baltimore and I'm a die-hard Orioles fan.  So that right there makes it difficult for me to root for the Sox.  second, my dad use to travel to St. Louis a lot before he retired.  and he use to go to a lot of games while he was there and would bring me back souvenirs.  so from a very young age, i've been and O's fan and Cards fan.  at least one of them is good.  haha.

either way, have a great time!

•  

Being a National League fan, go St Louis Cardinals......should be a good series.....my regular playing buddy and his wife flew up this am and will be in the rightfield stands for the first game.....dang, those tickets are expensive.....

• 515 points

Awesome. Have fun man. Go Sox!

• 611 points

Will be looking for you Boston Buzza. Just gave up my season tix this year for a variety of reasons.

Who is scheduled to pitch game 2; Lackey? GO SOX!!

•  

It's hockey season. Baseball is in the rearview!

•  

I hope you have a great time and enjoy yourself.

•  

Have a great time, drink plenty of beer and eat a lot of hotdogs.

• 4650 points

Not attending in person, but I am one of the faithful and will be wearing my Red Sox replica batting helmet I purchased during my first visit to Fenway in another magical season - 1967 - The Sox won the pennant on the last day of the season

Winning pitcher was Jim Lonborg who beat Minnesota Twins phenom Dean Chance.The Sox faced the Cardinals I'm the World Series..They lost to one of the great teams of that era led by pitching giant Bob Gibson....Sox fans everywhere will be looking for a reversal of the outcome in 1967..!!! Channeling the 2004 result...

Have a great time at the greatest little ball park in America..

•  

I'll be looking for you...make sure to wear your FJ Ambassador hat so we can find you...if you want to put a big B on it feel free..

Have fun...

• 1628 points

They still play the World Series?

•  

I'll be at Game 7 on the monster (or Monsta) if it's needed.  I might have the cheer for the red birds for 3 games.  I've always wanted to see a World Series.

• 4650 points

I have attended one World Series game - Yankees vs Dodgers in what was it, 1981? I lived and worked in NYC for a long time and that was right at the beginning of my career as a money manager  - One of the clients of the asset management shop was Tom Seaver, the Met's Hall of Famer. He comped my boss on a few tickets and the boss rewarded our hard work with a night out at the steak house of our liking and the game. We went to the famed Sparks for gigantic shrimp cocktails, bigger steaks, creamed spinach, home fires all washed down with flagons of cabernet...We waddled out of the restaurant, grabbed a cab and went out to Yankee Stadium for the big game. I never asked where are seats were, figuring that since they were coming from Tom Seaver, they couldn't be too shabby. Wrong. If Z was the top row , that's where we were, in left field. Wind at the top of the stadium blowing about 25 MPH and the players on the field looked like ants! And we knew high up as our firm was on the 94-97th floors of two World Trade Center!! We froze...But the Yankees lost that game,,,heh heh heh...

•  

Enjoy BB.  Would like to see a game at Fenway one of these seasons.  

This looks to be a great match up and awesome series.

TT