Denny & Mark Pro Am Jam

Denny & Mark Pro Am Jam

•  

I just received my assignment for the annual Pro Am Jam at the Daniel Island Club working as a volunteer for one of the Hole In One competition holes.  This is put on my Denny Hamlin (NASCAR Driver) and Mark Bryan of Hootie and the Blowfish.  Got to meet and talk to some cool folks last year and had my picture made with Tommy two gloves and George Rogers former running back from SC and heisman trophy winner.  They will be playing the Ralston Creek course on Tuesday.  A great course....I have played it numerous times and that is where the Nationwide Tour Championships were played prior to them becoming the webb.com.....  

•  

Pretty cool Chuck...

•  

Sounds like a lot of hard work and fun, CZ.  If you get a chance, post a couple of photos to make us drool even more.

• 4203 points

ChuckZ
    I just received my assignment for the annual Pro Am Jam at the Daniel Island Club working as a volunteer for one of the Hole In One competition holes.  This is put on my Denny Hamlin (NASCAR Driver) and Mark Bryan of Hootie and the Blowfish.  Got to meet and talk to some cool folks last year and had my picture made with Tommy two gloves and George Rogers former running back from SC and heisman trophy winner.  They will be playing the Ralston Creek course on Tuesday.  A great course....I have played it numerous times and that is where the Nationwide Tour Championships were played prior to them becoming the webb.com.....

Chuck,

That is cool event to be volunteer. How many golf events do you volunteer at annually?

I bet you gain a different perspective of what it takes to put on golf events by being a volunteer.

•  

Plan on taking my camera.....I really enjoy doing the volunteer thing.....have been doing this since the Ryder Cup at Kiawah....kinda gets in you blood and it is fun......

• 2441 points

Sounds like a pretty good gig ChuckZ . Have a great time !

• 1763 points

Sounds exciting Chuck, congrats!! Looking forward to seeing some pics. Happy Friday!

• 3718 points

Enjoy!  It sounds like a great time.  Make sure you show us lots of pictures :)

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    ChuckZI just received my assignment for the annual Pro Am Jam at the Daniel Island Club working as a volunteer for one of the Hole In One competition holes.  This is put on my Denny Hamlin (NASCAR Driver) and Mark Bryan of Hootie and the Blowfish.  Got to meet and talk to some cool folks last year and had my picture made with Tommy two gloves and George Rogers former running back from SC and heisman trophy winner.  They will be playing the Ralston Creek course on Tuesday.  A great course....I have played it numerous times and that is where the Nationwide Tour Championships were played prior to them becoming the webb.com.....

Chuck,

That is cool event to be volunteer. How many golf events do you volunteer at annually?

I bet you gain a different perspective of what it takes to put on golf events by being a volunteer.

Mark:  I only did two golf tournaments and one other event this year.  US Womens Am, ProAM Jam, and the Hootie and the Blowfish Annual Back to School Event.  I missed the Monday after the Masters in Myrtle Beach because I was in Paris, France with my wife on vacation.  They are a lot of fun and I used to do golf tournaments for my professional organization at our annual conventions/conferences.  I enjoy working with people.  Being I am retired I am trying to play in more tournaments now and limit my volunteering to about 3-4 events a year.    

•  

etakmit
    Enjoy!  It sounds like a great time.  Make sure you show us lots of pictures :)

You got your wish...just for the FJ family.....had a number of local notables in the tournament......don't mind the old man in the picture.....these are keepsakes for my collection.......yes that is a FJ ss rain shirt.....what else would it be.....

Bill Murray (Actor - Caddy Shack)              Danica Patrick (NASCAR Driver)

Both of them are standing on a hill/bunker, because I am 6'2"....Danica is very tiny.....and a real cutie......Bill lives in East Cooper my community.  

Darrius Rucker - Recording Artist and lead singer Hootie and the Blowfish.  Darrius also lives in East Cooper.   

George Rogers - Heisman Trophy Winner.  Lives in Columbia, SC.     

Halloween loudmouth..yuck                                                                                Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey  PGA Tour.  Resident of Simpsonville, SC  

Kyle Thompson PGA Tour   (Titleist)                                                                            Mark Anderson PGA Tour   (Titleist)

Both were playing the 714 AP2s and would not let me take them for a test drive......but did give outstanding reviews for the clubs....both hit the par three with their shots......     

• 4203 points

Great pics Chuck! Thanks for sharing and volunteering for a great cause.

•  

I love the pictures!!! That's what makes the forum great - a picture is worth....you know the rest.

•  

Those old black FJ spikeless contours have seen a lot of volunteer time.....that is the only time I wear them....they are still hanging in there and they go back into the closet until the next event.....the good part about this tournament is all these kind stars are very approachable.....they raised somewhere around $135, 000.....it was a good tournament.....Denny Hamlin and Mark Bryan are great hosts.......

•  

Thanks for the photos, CZ.  I'm sure you've got quite the selection after all these years of volunteering.  A close friend of mine and his wife have a large room essentially covered with personally shot photos signed by both male and female pros at various golf tournaments.  It's quite the sight.  Do you have anything similar for your "personal treasures?"

•  

pulplvr
    Thanks for the photos, CZ.  I'm sure you've got quite the selection after all these years of volunteering.  A close friend of mine and his wife have a large room essentially covered with personally shot photos signed by both male and female pros at various golf tournaments.  It's quite the sight.  Do you have anything similar for your "personal treasures?"

Autographed pix:  Annika Sorrenson (this one is personalized to me because I worked as her body guard one event when they were in Charleston), Paula Kramer, Natalie Gubilis, Ernie Els, Justin Leonard. Autographed flag 2012 PGA Championships:  Greme McDowell, Rory McIroy and numerous others. Have a few autographed golf balls.  

The hard part when you work an event is to take the pictures, get them developed and then get them autographed.  At the big events I normally work as a chair or captain and do not have time to take many pictures unless I come out during the practice rounds and that is the only time you can get autographs and take pictures.  I really hate to do that when I am in uniform and when you are in a responsible position you work a lot of hours.  For those who have never volunteered it is a lot of fun, but it is not free.  You pay to volunteer but it is all about choices and I have no regrets.