Excessive posting to become a FJA

Excessive posting to become a FJA

• 1680 points

I have noticed that there are some on this site that are posting in nearly every single thread with little to no purpose other than to get past the FJA level.

I get it, we all want to get there but there just seems to be some on a mission and it is taking away from what this community could be.

I don't know why this is bothering me but I figured I would make a lovely post about it to make myself feel better :)

I also understand that there are some threads on the site that don't require much in a response.

Where is the line drawn between excessive posting and contributing to the site.

Cheers!!!

•  

I applaud your respect for the effort to become an Ambassador. Personally, when I finally decided to join in the fun of the Community, I made it a point of not answering threads that I had nothing useful to add. When someone asks a question, they don't want to hear "Well I don't have an answer to you question, but...". Nothing builds respect faster than nicely written, well though out, relevant to the thread answers.

As to your question about the line, I believe you have already discovered where it is. :-)

Thanks for caring,

Don

• 1680 points

Others have not....and I would like to see if they chime in on this thread :)

•  

Well stated Adam. I believe Devin and FJ are aware as to who is participated in an appropriately way. Substance over quantity!

•  

Since the start of the FJA forums, this has been an issue.  DG and CG have measures to stop people from power posting to reach FJA status.  Just because a poster hits a "magic number" of posts/points does not mean that he automatically becomes an Ambassador.

Enjoy the forums for what they are, and don't sweat the small stuff.

TT

•  

As Tim said, just because you achieve the required points, this does not guarantee Ambassador status. I remember some guy J.B.Silver 13  who achieved Ambassador status fraudulently. He is no longer with the group. If this bothers you extremely, than I would suggest a pm to Devin.  Personally speaking, I think you cheat yourself when you attempt to circumvent the system and manipulate the points.

•  

Big brother is watching, no worries. haha

•  

Was discussed at our FJAI!! Make posts useful and use the search feature!

•  

Very well said.  I have been a member on the site since 2009, but did not reach FJA status until this year or last last year, I don't actually recall.  Athough I was ultimately trying to get there, I would like to feel I can add some value to a coversation, share a story, or just get a laugh between some fellow contributors.

As I began the journey, I also enjoyed most of the sites along the ride, but the further I drew towards achieving my goal, I learned this was much more about integrity, protecting a brand I believe in, assisting in providing feedback that will improve the products, but most of all being a champion for what FJ stands for.

Appreciate the post, glad to see this out here and I hope "those posters" take the time to read this thread all the way through.

Cheers!!!

•  

Interesting point and it makes sense, I realize some do abuse it but to play devils advocate then again at least they are active and participating in the community ... How many total people have FJA status anyways?  

•  

Quality over Quantity will get you much further in life, As stated above the boys will keep track and tabs on it. Glad you are feeling that way, and please do not let it stop you from being a member and participating.

• 1362 points

I'm reading these posts and thinking how many times can a single post be reiterated. C'mon guys can we move on?

•  

Chris92009

Interesting point and it makes sense, I realize some do abuse it but to play devils advocate then again at least they are active and participating in the community ... How many total people have FJA status anyways?  

Chris, as a counterpoint, do we really need people that are "active and participating" if their sole purpose is to make Ambassador as quickly as possible and do not really add anything of value or substance? I would rather be happy for someone that made Ambassador, quickly or not, that showed they were worthy of the title. Not sad for someone that made Ambassador by just posting willy-nilly on every thread available.

•  

I was going to comment, but realized there was nothing you guys haven't already covered on this issue. LOL

•  

If you love Golf and Footjoy and you are sharing, I see no problem. If you are posting for the sake of posting. Post quality threads and get people talking. That is what it is all about.

I am glad we are all able to have this discussion. I hope every member old or current has something to add to our community. thanks Footjoy