FJA Golf in Baton Rouge

FJA Golf in Baton Rouge

•  

This week, Freddy (FredCloss), Sammy (nelbass), and I got together in Baton Rouge for three days of golf and personal interaction.  Sammy and his wife Robin hosted Freddy and me at their place adjacent to a nice lake.  The three of us played golf at a different course each of the three days--three completely different courses.  Of the three, I think all of us agreed that Carter Plantation--the David Toms course--was the nicest, and the scores that day agreed.  I strongly recommend that you FJA's who live somewhat near each other arrange a get together like this and get to know each other better.  A few pictures:

Sammy and Freddy waiting to hit to #6 at Santa Maria.

View of #6 green, Santa Maria

The gang at the turn, Santa Maria

Shoes of the Day:  Sammy, Freddy, and me, Santa Maria

Sammy and Freddy on the back patio at Carter Plantation.  (Sorry, no on-course or shoe photos because I left my camera in the truck!)

Sammy's approach on #18 at Copper Mill

My second shot at #18, Copper Mill, a par 5.

Shoes of the Day:  Sammy, Freddy, and Ted, Copper Mill

Sammy and Freddy at Copper Mill, post round

Sammy and me at Copper Mill, post round

Freddy and me at Copper Mill, post round.

•  

Well done Gents!

•  

What a great time I had with these 2 Texas Boys!! Let me tell you first hand Ted & Freddy can play some awesome golf!!! Was a pleasure watching the 2 of them play. Can't wait till we meet up again.

•  

Very nice guys! And well documented.

•  

Great stuff guys!

•  

LOL - well, not too well documented Don - we didn't post the scores. Sammy kept it under 110 all three rounds, nursing a bad back and Ted and I kept it respectable. Santa Maria i Sammy's home course - a really good layout but the greens had recently been aerified.so our putting suffered a bit. Sammy -  108, Ted 77, Freddy 76. Carter Plantation is a gem and part of the Audubon Golf Trail. If you can ever travel to Louisiana, they are all excellent tracks. Sammy reeled off 102, Ted had 76 and Freddy had 69. Copper Mill is a great layout that seems to need better maintenance. Ted had 79, I had 80 and not sure of what Sammy had. One thing, We had a BLAST! Sammy and Robin are excellent hosts that, along with their critters, will keep you well fed, rested and entertained. I can't wait to go back and hang out with them again.

•  

Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves. Thanks for keeping us updated with photos.

•  

Sammy you really need a new hat.  Nice pics guys,  Ambassador camaraderie forever.

•  

Well Bob, you could buy me one & send it to me! LOL

•  

Outstanding boys!  The Texas and Louisiana FJA's - looking sharp!!!

•  

Looks like you FJAs had a great time....anyone in the community ever in the Charleston area look me up....be glad to find us a place to play......cz  : )

•  

Love it ! you guys look like you had a great time.

•  

Ted, I have 2 pics to add but can't get them sized down to post here.

• 2956 points

Thanks for sharing guys; that was really great. I do hope to see more Community golf get-togethers posted. Hoping to participate soon in a Team Titleist golf outing here in MA, and I am sure there will be other FJ Community folks there as well.

•  

Nicely done folks.