Heading To Titleist Fitting At Oceanside, CA...

Heading To Titleist Fitting At Oceanside, CA...

•  

I am headed to a Titleist Tour Fitting at Oceanside, CA facility.  I have read all sorts of cool things in GolfWrx about this visit...can anyone offer any insights about what I should ensure I do or see while I am there? I have not done this before! Thanks...Chris

• 1362 points

Oh Chris I had a full fitting there last year and I'm still envious. You are going to love it. Make sure you soak it all in when you are there. The reception area and hallways have great memorabilia and photographs of the facility development on display. They are so professional. They carry your bag as a policy and you can change in their change rooms. The TPI studio is down the hall and you may catch Dave Phillips or Dr Greg Rose in their office. I was too shy to ask for autographs. But you have a special appointment with The Voke right? Man, that is certainly a treat. They have a great range and practice area well stocked with all clubs and shafts. I would bring my favorite Titleist Vokey hat and get it signed by the master too.

• 5235 points

I got fit for a 913 D2 Driver at the Jim McClean Center in Fort Worth. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done in golf. They use a trackman for launch angle, spin rate, how far the ball actually carries. They fit me for golf balls. Prov1x. When they fit me for the driver we were using Prov1xs. We tried several different shafts to give me the best launch angle. Working out loft, launch angle and all of the variables that I had never thought of was a very educational. I had always bought everything off the rack. I would not buy another club with out being fit for it.

Have fun. I would recommend talking notes.

•  

Sounds like fun, I can't help with any insights though. But, if you need help with info around town, can do that. If you have time for golf, let TNT and I know.

•  

I'm going Dec 16 to hook up with Mr Vokey, himself..... Stoked!

•  

Get there early...don't try anything different with your swing and have an open mind when the fitter suggests something that doesn't seem right to you. These, along with the fitters at Manchester Lane, are the best Titleist has. They fit the Tour players and know how to get you the best equipment for your game.

•  

Chris.

I'm jealous, but have a great time. I've never been there myself, but maybe if I work on my game enough, they wouldn't laugh at me when I walk in the door. Fear the Fork baby!

•  

LUCKY DOG.

HAVE FUN CHRIS.

•  

TNT009
    I'm going Dec 16 to hook up with Mr Vokey, himself..... Stoked!

Saw that offer... so jealous Todd.  Wish I had the $$$ laying around to fly out and do that!

•  

Whatever Rick says is the "truth baby."

• 819 points

Sounds like you are in for an awesome experience.  Have fun!

• 2956 points

Chris, you can add me to the "Envious" list. I got fitted locally a few years back and it was really a neat experience: You are going to the Holy Land of Fitting. Please post a full report after your fitting.

•  

Justinu3
    TNT009I'm going Dec 16 to hook up with Mr Vokey, himself..... Stoked!

Saw that offer... so jealous Todd.  Wish I had the $$$ laying around to fly out and do that!

J, I'll take photos if they let me!

•  

Enjoy.  Sounds like a great experience.  Custom grinds from the legend would be great.  ut mine were ordered to my specs and our great for me for a bunch cheaper.

TT

•  

What great opportunities for the both of you.  I wish you both the best of luck and have a great time.  I have been to Manchester Lane a few time and they are TOP NOTCH.  I would expect the same out at Ocean Side, but to meet the Vokey is off the hook!!!!