Titleist 714 APs

Titleist 714 APs

•  

From reading a number of profiles in the community, many of you play Titleist irons, as do I....I received an email from Titleist today regarding the new APs that will be released in November.....I will be ordering mine...a mixed set of AP1/AP2......for your information, if you are curious...cz : )

www.titleist.com/.../precision-engineered-for-advanced-performance-the-new-titleist-ap-irons.aspx

•  

Ill wait for the 16's, got my 12's three months ago!

• 3551 points

I like the look of the 714 AP2's and I will definitely take them for a test drive but, I have yet to find a set that will kick my 2008 AP2's out of the bag!

•  

I'm considering buying the 712's too, Todd. Is there any discernible difference between the 710 AP2 and 712 AP2?

• 3293 points

It baffles me how all these companies can offer new irons every season , is it possible for the irons to actually be that different from the previous years. I can see an advancement every few years  but every year.

I mean I love titleist, use their wedges and arecently purchased a D2   but just makes me wonder.

•  

There's a little in offset, but I don't see much difference..... How much can you really change it?

• 5713 points

I bought they AP1 12's a year ago. I am really happy with them. I have hit the AP2's short irons. I would consider a mixed set of 1's and 2's.

•  

What I like about the 714s is that the lower number irons will have a lower kick point on the face which will thrust the ball higher and the higher number irons will have a higher kick point allowing for a lower flight.....I believe that is what I saw in the demo video.....I need that in the 4,5,and 6.......I'm all in......going to the squirrel's nest.....cz : )

• 1680 points

I am on the fence about updating my 712s

•  

Yes, but it's pretty subtle.  They tweaked the sweet spot and adjusted the cavity a bit, if I remember correctly.  You could always check on the TT site.

• 5452 points

tee2green
    It baffles me how all these companies can offer new irons every season , is it possible for the irons to actually be that different from the previous years. I can see an advancement every few years  but every year.

I mean I love titleist, use their wedges and arecently purchased a D2   but just makes me wonder.

It is the only path these companies can take since they sell a product that is a very durable good. I agree that there simply isn't enough substantive innovation to really justify buying new irons every year. But we so live in the land of opportunity and if folks want to buy, somebody will be there to accommodate that desire! Go get them Titleist!

•  

I believe that the 714's have a pre-worn leading end edge for better club to turf interaction and also that the lofts are 1 degree stronger in some of the irons. I have a fitting session on 9/10/13 and should know more after that.

•  

I have the 710 AP2s and I love them but these look sweet. I will hit them and see what's up.

•  

Tyler Higley
    I believe that the 714's have a pre-worn leading end edge for better club to turf interaction and also that the lofts are 1 degree stronger in some of the irons. I have a fitting session on 9/10/13 and should know more after that.

Would be interested in getting some feedback on the 714s from your fitting.......thanks.....cz : )

• 2781 points

Still playing the 710 AP2s and love them.  I will probably hold off until the 716 series.