My Road to TPC Sawgrass, a moderately adventurous tale.

My Road to TPC Sawgrass, a moderately adventurous tale.

•  

This is the tale of our road trip to the FJAI at TPC Sawgrass. Not an overly exciting trip except for the destination, where many friends as well as fun times, await! I will try to share some photos along the way and anything that might be worthwhile mentioning.

I awoke with the idea that one more round of golf before we packed up the car and hit the road, would be a good thing. A little bit slow getting out the door, had me playing at 6:45. Unfortunately I missed getting out in front of a couple of slower groups and had a four hour round. Couldn't stop though because I was playing well. One over on the front and boogied 17 and 18 for one over on the back. Darn boogies, three birdies though, happy days!

So, it was back home to get ready to go. Of course had to clean my FootJoys first! A bite to eat, cleanup and change, and load up the car. The trip begins!

From Cali to Zonie:

Some cool shots on the way:

End of day mileage, short day today with the golf in the morning:

•  

Keep the pics coming. And drive safe. Sometimes it's about the destination, and other times it's about the journey.

• 5481 points

What is your vehicle of choice for this trek? Hopefully your driver's seat is an ergonomic wonder of comfort!

•  

Safe travels, tell your better half hello!

•  

You've done well Don, I would have been in dire need of a sleep after and early morning round of golf.

How many miles is it to Sawgrass from San Diego?

•  

Pete, we're cruising in a Chevy Impala. Very comfortable.

•  

Thanks Todd, how's Minnesota? Tell your wife I said hi, mine said hi back at you.

•  

Oh yes, we do find the pictures interesting.....hope you continue during the two days of golf.....let some of us newcomers see you guys/gals in action............a heavy traffic weekend.....be safe......cz  : )

•  

Not much traffic at all on the 10 from Tucson to New Mexico so far. Knock on wood, smooth sailing. FYI it's about 2,350 miles to Jacksonville, home of the TPC Sawgrass.

•  

You're making tracks Don. Let me or Ted know if you want to play golf on your way back. It would be great to meet you.

•  

Look forward to seeing you in Sawgrass.

•  

Keep on steady, Don and missus.  You're about to reach the true test of I-10, Texas.  That's at least one full day.  If you're int he Houston area in the evening on your way through, give me a call and we'll try to get together.  Travel safely.

•  

Forgot to mention our first stop was Tucson AZ. On the road again this morning at 9 am. Light traffic everywhere but El Paso, just wide open spaces.

Here's some of those wide open spaces:

80 mph through Texas and it's a long way across the state. Surprise street name in El Paso:

And stop for the night in Fort Stockton. Next stop Houston:

•  

I know the trip your on is a long haul & sometimes boring but at least you are having nice weather. See you Wed.

•  

I know your trip is long & monotonous at times but at least your having pretty weather. See you Wed.