A Box of Balls

A Box of Balls

•  

I didn't know that retailers would trade in a box of new balls to any brand of balls you'd like to trade it in for.  To top it off, it keeps its value!

This was a big chance I took on my part when I walked in our little store here with a box of balls at hand.  I told them I got it as a tee price.  They said, "No problem."

Did you know this?  Or, would any store generally do this?

The box I had were good balls, I was told.  But, I wanted Titleist ProV1x.

Sooo happy with the trade!

• 5544 points

That is a nice surprise.

• 5384 points

That's cool and great to hear.

• 886 points

noeldaof
    I didn't know that retailers would trade in a box of new balls to any brand of balls you'd like to trade it in for.  To top it off, it keeps its value!

This was a big chance I took on my part when I walked in our little store here with a box of balls at hand.  I told them I got it as a tee price.  They said, "No problem."

Did you know this?  Or, would any store generally do this?

The box I had were good balls, I was told.  But, I wanted Titleist ProV1x.

Sooo happy with the trade!

That's awesome. I have never tried it. I attend a number of Cameron Collector events and some stores will take the event putters back for store credit.  Thanks for the info.

• 4496 points

I bet that it depends on the retailer.  Is there any chance the balls you got were from that store specifically?  If so and they knew it they were probably more likely to work with you.

Either way that's definitely a great deal for you !

•  

You like like such an honest fellow N'ol that of course the store would comply with your request!

I've done this with clubs many, many times where the stickers were still on and I got the trade for something else.

• 1362 points

Good to know. Thanks for sharing noeldaof. I shall give it a try.

•  

Noel, that sounds like a great deal for you. I am glad it worked out !

•  

I thought this thread was going to be about Anthony ***

•  

That's pretty cool , got to have the Pro V's :-)

•  

bholley

:-)  sounds funny!  but, I could only imagine. . . has this been a movie title?

Anyway, the retailers were astonished with the trade I was making to say the least.  Trying not to grin around was difficult.

Tar Heel:  (thank you!) I love it when sincerity is still recognized.

• 5354 points

Very interesting - Would have thought retailer's inventory management systems might not like the idea of a swap..Of course, if a retailer uses his/her retailing savvy and sees a way to make a customer smile while not impacting the cash flow of the business (and even swap), this make all the business sense in the world. A happy customer gets what he wants and the store may have a customer who will return!

•  

bholley

BRUCE,,,,,,,,,,,YOU ARE A DANDY,,,,,,,,LOL.

•  

bholley

Why only you would come up with a correlation between a politician and golf balls...

•  

This is common in our area....trade top brand balls in on purchases all the time a local shops.....helps to be a regular at these shops also....some will give you cost on trades and some full retail....it is good business...if they can up-charge and you are happy, then it is a win win situation.......small operators have a hard time competing with the big stores (Galaxy/Dicks, Edwin Watts, Golf Smith, ProGolf Discount, Martins, etc....).....we have none left in our area.......cz : )