Anyone using Aimpoint?

Anyone using Aimpoint?

• 3296 points

Just wondering how pervasive Aimpoint is with players on this board. I've come across a few times lately and am definitely intrigued.

• 4617 points

Which product? I thought this company sold rifle scopes..

• 3688 points

pistolpete
    Which product? I thought this company sold rifle scopes..

Hahaha - yeah they do red dot sights.  However I'm pretty sure he's talking about the golf product that is supposed to help with your putting!

I personally do not use it but I see many others that do.

•  

Checked for it on line and found it to be rifle scopes also......I am a Bushnell person and love that product...have been loyal to them for years....the degree of accuracy is tops in my book......cz  : )

• 4131 points

I got fitted for a putter and they used an aim point device during the fitting.

•  

I took a course and bought into the program briefly last year but it did not work as well as I had expected for my game...

• 3296 points

Apologies for not being clearer -- it's the course that @Chris referred to above.  It's a method for reading greens that seems be getting some publicity -- a few pro's are using the system/charts.

Here'a link: http://aimpointgolfclinics.com

• 4617 points

Here is a link to an article describing the Aimpoint system. I must admit, this is quite intriguing...

www.mygolfspy.com/aimpoint-golf-review

•  

Looked into it but never bit, can't quite figure out what they are trying to teach with it

•  

I looked in to it, but honestly, it looked like too much effort for the amount of golf I play. I have bigger issues than getting the perfect read.

• 2383 points

I took an AimPoint Green reading course and have found it to be helpful. I have found my green reading ability has improved and I feel I make more putts now as a result.  I do not always use the AimPoint charts.  Here is a webPage regarding AimPoint green reading.   http://aimpointgolf.com  The AimPoint system is what the Golf Channel was using originally on their broadcasts to read and show viewers the putting line during tournament coverage.  I believe the GC now uses something else.    

•  

You have to be a very analytical person and good with numbers IMHO to enjoy the course and methods...

•  

It works pretty well, but it assumes the green speed is consistent. Remember Muirfield? Down here, we putt on a lot of bermuda grass and the greens aren't nearly as consistent as bent grass due to grain, what treatment is being done, the humidity and a lot of other factors. In a sense, if you can work on your speed control such that you consistently roll a 10 foot putt 10" or 12" past the hole and find the line from you ball that would give you a dead straight putt (the zero line) and aim a bit away from that line to the side the cup is on, you will make a lot of putts. In other words, practice putting for 20 minutes as often as you can.

•  

Aimpoint in BETA......

• 3296 points

@Pony/@fredcloss -- Thanks. After reviewing the concepts a bit I think the zero line concept has made quite a bit of difference in my approach. Not sure I'm quite up for a course yet, the concepts that I've been able to glean from a few sites have been super helpful.