Help! Carry strap stains on my favorite FJ shirt

Help! Carry strap stains on my favorite FJ shirt

•  

I totally spaced out the stain factor and rocked my white FJ shirt and carried my bag in super hot weather. This happened once before, but the shirt was bleachable. I washed my ahoulder straps on my bag to no avail. Now I've got a big nasty grey stain on the shoulder of my white FJ polo. Help!  I've tried hand washing it, but it's still noticeable. Help!

•  

Have you tried stain stick?

•  

www.amazon.com/.../B001B32NVO

well.....i call my mom and she works her magic and when i go the next day, it's gone.  but since you don't have that option, try this.  it is what my mom always uses on stains and now my wife has even started using it.

•  

Try some stain remover that is enzyme based. I believe that Shout makes one.

•  

Josh, I'm not sure on this one but I've used Dawn for tough grease stains and Peroxide for blood.  

The key is DON'T DRY it until you get the stain out.  let it air dry.  Once the heat sets the stain it's going to be very tough to get back out.

•  

sounds like time for a new bag or a pull cart maybe.

•  

Another good reason to use a push cart. I tried carrying for a year, two years ago. But the bag straps were ruining my cashmere sweaters. Good luck, sometimes persistence with the washing can help a lot. Just don't give up, and no dryer!

•  

I had this happen to one of my favorite shirts. Believe this or not, the best thing that I found to totally remove the stain was upholstry cleaner.

•  

I agree with the push cart.  I got one about a year or two ago and its been great.  

•  

Oxyclean has done the trick for a variety of stains in the wash...also the new Tide products that have stain busters work great on tough stains as well...both worth a try.....a stain stick before would not hurt...

• 4617 points

Scrub the stain with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and automatic dish washing liquid. Let it sit for a while and then washing in the machine...I left s sweat soaked golf shirt in my bag after a round (100+ degree temps mean the short was soaked) and promptly forgot about the fact that the short was in there for about three months! Milldewed and simply beyond disgusting, but it was an expensive Lacoste white shirt and I thought , "what the heck", lets resurrect!

Tried the above strategy soaking the shirt in a solution of Tide and Oxi Clean overnight after scrubbing the stains with dish washing liquid and it worked!

•  

Josh

Pour stain treatment like shout on it and wash over and over, probably up to 5 times. DO NOT DRY. As Justin said, heat sets the stain. If it doesn't come out after 4-5 times, you're probably done for as some of those dyes just set and are tough to fix....

•  

I'm still waiting on fredcloss to chime in.

He had some great laundry suggestions in the past (whitening agent).  Can't help to think he has or knows a remedy for this stain.

Anyway, back in the day, my Mom would soak my white shirts in cold water with soap over night and then run it in the washer.

Hope it helps.

•  

hire a caddy and walk, I am the last person you want any cleaning advice from.....

•  

1 tsp dish soap, 4 tsp hyrdogen peroxide, 2 tbsp baking soda - mixed together and rub into stain.  Leave on for a day or so and it will get out just about anything, including pit stains, blew my mind the first time I tried it.