on the range with a touring pro

on the range with a touring pro

•  

I was visiting family near Spartanburg, SC last weekend on my way home from Myrtle Beach and my cousin asked if I wanted to go to the driving range.  They live on a really nice public course with some of the best jr. golfers in the state playing there.  My cousin's son asked me if i knew the guy at the end of the range, and sure enough it was Tommy Biershenk.  Obviously not a huge star, but not everyday you're on the range with a touring pro.

•  

That is exciting!  I bet he hits it a long way!

• 819 points

I think it is amazing how effortless the pros make it look on tv.  I'm sure it is more apparent in person.

• 2781 points

Pretty cool.  Now you can say you took a few swings next to a pro.

•  

I love the sound of hearing touring pro's crushing balls on the range. Their club head speed is amazing.

•  

Many tour pros stop by the range at my club. Jason Gore was out getting dialed in a couple months ago. A few guys from the mini tours are always out there beating balls as well.

Always good to watch what they do.

•  

I think watching their work ethic and they are always working on something,  It is their job and most take it very serious.  We on the other hand just love the game.

•  

I have hit balls with JB Holmes at UK club in Lexington...that guy hits that ball a mile. He said I had a good swing but I was a little fat, clearly one has to be a tour pro to realize I am fat, haha.

•  

Mike.  You are fat.  ;)

I am one of the top rated range players in the country. Can hit any shot with those R'ange balls.   But it just doesn't translate to the course every round.

TT

•  

Mike, you have even played a round of two with someone that played some tour events.  And he knows you are a bit on the large side!

•  

19hole
    Mike, you have even played a round of two with someone that played some tour events.  And he knows you are a bit on the large side!

Didn't wanna make everyone jealous, Rick. Not everyone has the pleasure of almost passing out on the first tee with you like I did haha.

•  

he was pretty relaxed.  there were 3 brothers he was working with.  apparently they are some of the top jr. players in each of their age groups.  good enough that they are all on sponsorship programs with at least one company.  but it was still pretty cool to look down the range and see someone i have seen on TV.  i was suppose to go to his brother's driving range the next day, but we got stuck behind 2 foursomes of old men who felt the need to hit multiple shots each time and refuse to let a two-some through.  

•  

Hope we get to play again this year.......

•  

Dallin
    I love the sound of hearing touring pro's crushing balls on the range. Their club head speed is amazing.

The sound is something to behold. It's the same kind of sound when a baseball is hit over the wall. May we all get to hit one "just right" every so often..

•  

Me too my friend, me too.