Wrist

Wrist

• 20 points

How long for a sprained wrist to be better for swinging club again

•  

boboesso

I have to suggest asking a Doctor this question.

•  

Devin_Gmitter

boboesso

I have to suggest asking a Doctor this question.

How did you sprain it -- were you playing golf?  

Devin is right, Docs would know the proper advise.

•  

Got to agree with Devin on this one.  So much depends on the type of sprain and the severity of it.  Could be anywhere from one day of rest to several months.  Remember, Rory McIlroy did a job on his wrist, yet was still playing.  Tiger is taking a couple of weeks off to rest his elbow.  Bones and joints are difficult to lump into a simple answer.

•  

Well let's see. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express this week.....

My answer. Does it hurt when you go "like this?" Then don't do that and call your regular physician.....

Seriously sir. We know lots of things. This ain't one of them.....

• 1936 points

33 days, 9 hours, 22 mins and 17 seconds.   Swing away buddy!!

• 20 points

Yes,saw a doctor,just looking to see if someone else hurt there wrist hitting out of the rough,and how long it took before they were 100 %,not holding anyone up here,just want someone to speak up who had the same sprain

•  

boboesso
    Yes,saw a doctor,just looking to see if someone else hurt there wrist hitting out of the rough,and how long it took before they were 100 %,not holding anyone up here,just want someone to speak up who had the same sprain

I once took a month and a half off during summer due to wrist pain.  

• 4351 points

Yeah I've had a few wrist sprains.  I've always seen my doc to make sure it's not worse than just a sprain.  After that I treat it until it doesn't seem to hurt and then I start some very light swinging to see if I have any twinges or feelings of pain.  If so I stop immediately.  If not, then I work my way slowly up over a few days (with some rest days in between to be safe) to longer clubs and harder swings.  A lot of the time I found that the biggest problem I had was trusting it to be fine even after the pain was gone.

•  

It should be fine tomorrow.

Dr. Seth Oyer

(ok ok it's only a PhD...)

• 20 points

etakmit
    Yeah I've had a few wrist sprains.  I've always seen my doc to make sure it's not worse than just a sprain.  After that I treat it until it doesn't seem to hurt and then I start some very light swinging to see if I have any twinges or feelings of pain.  If so I stop immediately.  If not, then I work my way slowly up over a few days (with some rest days in between to be safe) to longer clubs and harder swings.  A lot of the time I found that the biggest problem I had was trusting it to be fine even after the pain was gone.

• 20 points

etakmit

etakmit
    • 20 points

That is were I am now 4 weeks in,and nervous bout missing the whole summer,took a few swings yesterday,and felt a little twitch,but no pain,so will take today off and swing club tomorrow

• 5177 points

Run down to your local Hammacher Schlemmer and buy one of these:  A Pain Relieving Neuromuscular Stimulator System....It won't tighten ligaments or stretched tendons, but sore muscles in the region will feel better!

• 2956 points

Take two of these and wait two hours.