USGA R&A Decision

USGA R&A Decision

•  

I agree with the USGA and R&A decision.  I am wondering what will happen if the PGA goes their own way with 14-1b.    The US Open is a USGA event.   Any thoughts looking forward to 2016?

•  

What was the decision?

•  

NO ANCHORING!

•  

If the PGA goes "rogue" then when in USGA events the rule will be enforced. What a dilemma for the guys with a history with the anchored? (Grab your short - flat stick NOW!)

-ICONs for ALL

•  

I think it is a pointless rule and that anchoring does not make someone a better putter/player.  To each their own in my opinion.  

But since the ruling is final, the players should move forward and work on another putting technique/stroke.  

TT

•  

i'm glad to see it.  in my opinion it helps and i have talked to people who have used them and they said the same thing.  it might not help on every putt, but it has to give you more stability on your stroke and make it easier to replicate under pressure.

•  

Deno
    I agree with the USGA and R&A decision.  I am wondering what will happen if the PGA goes their own way with 14-1b.    The US Open is a USGA event.   Any thoughts looking forward to 2016?

the PGA Tour really has no choice.  they fought and lost.  the USGA, Augusta National, R & A, and European Tours are all supporting the ban.  they are the odd man out on this one.

•  

Why would a golfer anchor their putter? Answer: It makes putting easier for them. Hence, anchoring offers an advantage to those players. Not to mention, the anchored stroke removes the "free-wheeling" aspect of what looks like a golf swing. In closing, I have always been against the use of anchored putting methods.

• 5532 points

Play within the rules. I think the PGA should follow suit. There should be one standard world wide.

• 4493 points

Agree/disagree doesn't matter at this point.  The decision has been made.  The PGA will follow suit because they won't want their guys having to switch when playing USGA events.

At this point there's not much for them to do other than either anchor until 2016 OR start practicing with the flat stick now!

•  

I think it is a little much to wait until 2016 for the ban to begin, you made a decision ban it beginning of next year.  

There will be three years of *** soaked spectators heckling players who will continue to use it until the ban.  They will be labeled as cheaters and this is not fair, it will be in a news story almost every week, can't wait.  

• 5351 points

It surely will be interesting to hear the reactions of those Tour players who use an anchored putting style. Have to think that a few of these folks will  be more than a little upset..

•  

I don't think non-conforming drivers, wedge grooves, or mulligans make a player better either.  Rules are rules.  We've all benn taught to play by the rules since we first picked up a club.  The PGA Tour, unlike the LPGA, Euro and Asian Tours , shows no class in taking a month to mull over the rules we all play by.   Bobby Jones won the Grand Slam with a concave wedge.  The next year it was banned.    Same with Sam Snead winning with a croquet style motion.  Also banned the following year.     The Tour and the players need to step up and follow the rules we all play by.    

Deno

•  

I wonder who will be first to sue the USGA?

•  

And the debate rages on!

The rule has been invoked so it's time to move along, just like when all the other new rules get added. Personally, I don't get the whole long putter thing. I've tried every long putter anchored in every way possible, and it's just plain awkward for me. Using a regular putter and making the stoke is the way I've always do it..... Maybe it's helped some guys. Maybe not. Just not for me.