Magic Eraser

Magic Eraser

• 4203 points

I am hearing alot about a "Magic Eraser" product by P&G. Has anyone used it on their FJs or any of their golf gear?

•  

I've heard it works wonders on the score card............

•  

These are usually marketed as a Mr Clean product, and are innovations in the kitchen and bath cleaning space. They work really wekk too. But I have not used them on any FJ products or golf gear.

• 3718 points

I've used them on various golf shoes.  They work well to get the major grime and crud off (white shoes look white again!!).  I have yet to see any detrimental side effects to using them but I do also make sure that after I've cleaned the shoes with the magic eraser they get proper leather treatment afterwards.

•  

I haven't used them on my shoes but I might give them a try in the future

• 4203 points

I have marks from the cart on my staff bag. I would rather have marks than *** up the finish. I friend of mine suggested it.

I wanted to ask the other members what your experiences have been.

• 1466 points

I use it quite often. I use it after rounds on my shoes but it is not a replacement for proper leather polish, my shafts when they get marked up from other grips it wipes it right off, and on my clubs to give them a quick shine and they take the rust off of my wedges pretty easily, great product!

•  

I'm not aware of this product in any of its supposed uses.  I guess if it works it would be a good idea, but I'd be afraid to try it on my first line gear.  Perhaps an old pair of DryJoys as a test.

•  

I don't think I would try it on leather, there has to be some active chemical in it.  What material is your bag? I might try a small spot near the bottom of the bag before I went crazy.

Ty, There is not a big enough eraser to help you out! :)

• 4203 points

Ty,

I use a match on the score card.

•  

i don't think i would use it on my shoes.  doesn't warm that it can take the paint off of walls?

•  

There are a few guys who I play with that carry a magic eraser.  Some don't even need that.  They bring pre filled out score cards.

• 4650 points

How about using a little magic elbow grease, soap, and water to clean shoes?

•  

NCBob
    I don't think I would try it on leather, there has to be some active chemical in it.  What material is your bag? I might try a small spot near the bottom of the bag before I went crazy.

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers contain no harsh chemical so are safe for use on leather shoes. However, a Leather Sofa is another story !

Here's a link with some tips and photos showing an end result.......

www.golfwrx.com/.../603347-how-to-clean-white-shoes-using-mr-clean-magic-eraser

• 4203 points

girlsgotgolf
    NCBobI don't think I would try it on leather, there has to be some active chemical in it.  What material is your bag? I might try a small spot near the bottom of the bag before I went crazy.

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers contain no harsh chemical so are safe for use on leather shoes. However, a Leather Sofa is another story !

Here's a link with some tips and photos showing an end result.......

www.golfwrx.com/.../603347-how-to-clean-white-shoes-using-mr-clean-magic-eraser