Ouimet 100 - Centennial Gala

Ouimet 100 - Centennial Gala

•  

I was fortunate enough to receive an invitation to the Francis Ouimet Centennial Gala taking place this Wed, May 15th.  Arnold Palmer will be hosting the event at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.  I think it will be a great time, and I am hoping to get to say hello to Arnie again. 

Anyone else in the Boston area attending?  This is a pre-event to the US Amateur taking place this August at "The Country Club" in Brookline MA.

•  

Inspiring and admirable, Brian!  Congratulations!

•  

hopefully they allow camera's and I can grab a few photos to share.  Should be a great time, although I will be dragging.  I have my 1st 2 day RI state event this Tues and Wed.  Long ride from Portsmouth RI to Boston MA.  Lots of miles on the escalade in 2 days that will not be cheap at 13 miles per gallon....ouch!!

•  

Sounds like an exciting evening ahead, Brian.  Let us know how everything goes.

• 1466 points

Wish I could! Congrats tho

• 2781 points

What a huge honor to be invited. Have a good time and let us know how it goes. Where is your event in RI? I'm from Tiverton so I know the area around Portsmouth.

•  

that's awesome!  enjoy such a special event.

• 4586 points

Definitely let us know how it goes :)  I'm only slightly jealous

•  

We are all jealous! Have fun and take some pics, if you can.

•  

Hey BB how was the gala?

New the name Oiumet of course, but just finshed reading up on his profile and amazing story.

Sure it was an great experience and I'm sure listening to the "King" would have been fantastic.

•  

Impressive event.....Hope you had a great evening !

•  

What a great event. I was able to meet Mr. Palmer, Rich Lerner, and Bill Paxton.  I also have a few pics I will post this afternoon after I resize them.

•  

I played at Carnegie Abbey on Tuesday - 77 and Wanumetonomy on Wed - 81.  I honestly don't care for either, but managed to *** it around the place.  Not my best showing....

•  

Meeting the KING!

Mr. Palmer's autograph on the Ouimet invatation

Mr Bill Paxton, director of The Greatest Game

The panel at the event.  Mark Frost author and screenwritter, Peter Jacobsen one of the most popular players on the PGA TOUR, Bill Paxton, and MC Rich Lerner.

What a great event to be able to attend.  Certainly once in a lifetime event!

• 2781 points

Looks like a fantastic time!