Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

•  

To all the ladies who are part of our community & all the guys here who have been called a Mother at least once in your life, have a GREAT day tomorrow!!

•  

Hey, Sammy.  Good to hear from you again.  Hope you and yours have a great day today.  My wishes to everyone celebrating their mother--or being celebrated--today.  Without them, we wouldn't be here nor would we be the persons we are.  Mine has been gone for 35 years and I still think of her and miss her from time to time.  Mom, thanks for everything.

•  

Hey, second that!  Happy Mothers Day!

No golf for me on Sunday!

• 1466 points

Celebrated mothers day by going with my Dad down to Pinehurst for the weekend and letting her have some peace!!!! Great for all of us!

• 4180 points

I hope everyone did something nice for their mother or the mother in their life!  I watched the final round of the The Players Championship with my wife!  (although I did take my stepson out so that he could get her something for mother's day since his father did not).

•  

A Little Mother's Day History

Origin of Mother's Day goes back to the era of ancient Greek and Romans. But the roots of Mother's Day history can also be traced in UK where a Mothering Sunday was celebrated much before the festival saw the light of the day in US. However, the celebration of the festival as it is seen today is a recent phenomenon and not even a hundred years old. Thanks to the hard work of the pioneering women of their times, Julia Ward Howe and Anna Jarvis that the day came into existence. Today the festival of Mothers day is celebrated across 46 countries (though on different dates) and is a hugely popular affair. Millions of people across the globe take the day as an opportunity to honor their mothers, thank them for their efforts in giving them life, raising them and being their constant support and well wisher.