Highschool golf

Highschool golf

• 1466 points

I am currently in highschool and was just wondering how many of you played highschool golf and if so what are your best memories?

Thanks

•  

Nothing really structured as I imagine it is over there in the US.

Fairly jealous of you really and hope you do well and get to play on in college if you get the chance.

High School seem like so long ago (oh yeah .. it was) but what I really remember about starting golf and getting to a point where I started to play ok was just the love of the game and the insatiable appetite to play, practice and learn in an effort to get better ... and of course the time spent with my Grandfather ... bless him ... for stating me on this life long odyssey that is gof.

•  

Playing High School golf created some of the best times I had on the course or off of it.  Shot my first first under par score, swimming in a lake off the 18th green after winning our section against one of our top rivals, always winning (my team was REALLY good).

There are two memories that are not so great though...missed a two footer to go to states two years in a row. :-(

• 5025 points

This goes back a few years - I was captain of my golf team in high school in my senior year.1974!! Best memory was of a kid on our team who hailed from Westchester CC ( a wonderful old club in Harrison, NY that used to host a regular tour event) who took lessons from a then-Tour pro and nephew of Sam Snead, JC Snead. This kid absolutely killed the ball, but was not really interested in playing - He had other priorities despite possessing a very powerful golf game...A always looked on astonished at how far he hit the ball...

• 4180 points

I played three sports a year during HS and golf wasn't one of them :(   I didn't pick the sport up until my college years

•  

I was on the team one year, but never made the cut to actually play in a match.  Learned how to stop slicing the ball, though.

• 1547 points

High School golf was incredible.  They are the friends I still talk to hang out with and play golf.  Make the most of it, it can lead to incredible things if you play in college, go into the industry, or just hold on to your teammates.  It is one of the few times in golf you play as a team and those are the greatest.  I remember our trip to our state regional tournament in Ohio and it snowed like crazy.  We hung out in the clubhouse more than playing.  We were one of the favorites to move on and not one of us made to State but that weekend was incredible.  I have never had so much fun or laughed so hard.

•  

Unfortunately, I did not play golf in high school. I was too busy trying to hit curve balls.  If I could go back in life and change one thing, I would have ditched baseball for golf when I turned 16.  I play golf every weekend now, but I cant throw a baseball more than 60 feet without hearing my shoulder pop.

•  

Dallin
    Unfortunately, I did not play golf in high school. I was too busy trying to hit curve balls.  If I could go back in life and change one thing, I would have ditched baseball for golf when I turned 16.  I play golf every weekend now, but I cant throw a baseball more than 60 feet without hearing my shoulder pop.

The second I picked up a golf club, baseball was dead to me!

• 373 points

I am a graduating senior in Lexington, KY.  I have been playing golf for my high school for the last 4 years and it has been on of the greatest things in my life.  You develop a brotherhood and friendships that will last forever.  I am going to college to play next year and i would never have done that if not for high school golf.  

• 535 points

I played 3 sports in high school and golf was one of them. You get to meet alot of friends from different schools. I was playing as a #1 or #2 for my jr and sr years. It will make you compete and make you a better player. I personality made state my jr sr yr. I started playing my soph year in high school. Played one yr in college as well as baseball all 4 years.

•  

I wish I would have played in high school. By time I discovered the game my Senior year there was no possibility of making the team. Baseball also tended to mess up my golf swing. By college it was down to soccer and golfY ) ***recreationally). 30+ years after high school and a couple of knee surgeries later, I am still playing golfY ) ***only) as are both of my kids. One played all four years in high school.

• 3503 points

Gzink96
    I am currently in highschool and was just wondering how many of you played highschool golf and if so what are your best memories?

Thanks

Played 4 years at Centennial HS in Roswell, GA. Team was loaded with D1 talent. Needless to say I rarely played until SR year. We were quite the decorated team. 2 region championships (Roberto Castro, Chris Kirk played in that region) 2 region runner-ups. 2 top 3 in the state tournaments (again, none of this is help to me). We must have won 5-6 other major HS events in GA. Had one *** of a time doing it all. Enjoy it my friend. Keep 'em long and straight and most importantly have FUN while doing it!

• 1466 points

Drew Angus
    I am a graduating senior in Lexington, KY.  I have been playing golf for my high school for the last 4 years and it has been on of the greatest things in my life.  You develop a brotherhood and friendships that will last forever.  I am going to college to play next year and i would never have done that if not for high school golf.

Where are you going to college? and thanks for all the responses

•  

I played 4 years of Football even though I was a decent golfer then.   Maybe if there were cheerleaders along the fairways...lol