if you could only pick one spot.....

if you could only pick one spot.....

•  

if someone gave you a ticket to one day at the Master's but told you that you had to stay in one spot the entire time.  where would it be?  thursday first tee? (see the honorary starters) sunday 18 green?  any day at amen corner or 16?  9 green for the par 3 contest?  or what else?

•  

Based on what I have listened to, I guess behind the 12th green.  They say you have great views of several tee boxes and greens.

Charlie Reimer is the source for what its worth..

• 2781 points

I would have to stay at the 18th on Sunday.  You have to be there to see the winner!

•  

No doubt in my mind on this one!  The end of the grandstand on the right side if 15 green.  You see the play coming in on 15, and the entire 16th.  Does not get any better than that.

Brian - behind 12 green would be great, but you cannot get over there.  Patrons have to stay behind the 12th tee area and are not allowed to cross over to the green and 13th tee area...

•  

Thanks for the tip, I only hope to get a chance to see it in person one day.

•  

RedHusky
    I would have to stay at the 18th on Sunday.  You have to be there to see the winner!

+1

•  

RedHusky

i would agree with that, but other than seeing the winner, the 18th green isn't usually that exciting.  it's a tough hole, so not a lot of birdies.  i was on 18 when Rory won the US Open and it was nice to be there, but not the most memorable spot.  same with Ernie's US Open win in 97.  wasn't on 18 at the end and although it would have been nice to see, it wouldn't have been the best spot of the week.

•  

What ever spot that you can see two holes at once, forgot what it was!

•  

ToddL
    No doubt in my mind on this one!  The end of the grandstand on the right side if 15 green.  You see the play coming in on 15, and the entire 16th.  Does not get any better than that.

Brian - behind 12 green would be great, but you cannot get over there.  Patrons have to stay behind the 12th tee area and are not allowed to cross over to the green and 13th tee area...

yeah.....that's one of the great things and bad things about amen corner.  great spot to see a lot of action, but you're about as far away from all of it as you are on any hole on the course.

•  

Would just be rapt to get a ticket.

The atmosphere would be incredible.

•  

I have been there twice and don't think I could sit still in one spot. There is so many great places and the day is just incredible.  Practice days are fascinating and you can see why these guys can score. Sunday is just nuts.

•  

I could not sit in one place.  Would have to see the whole course.

Hope to get tickets and go in the next few years. I always put in for the lottery.

TT

•  

I hope to get there soon myself.  If I could only stay in one spot it would be on the stands on 16.  I would love to see a hole in one.

• 2180 points

I would just go along with one of the leaders in their bag like a rodeo clown in a barrel :D

Just talked with a buddy that was there for the entire week.. He actually said he didn't enjoy sunday much.. Said the crowd was extremely pushy and thought they needed to be closer than everybody else around them.. This is where I would struggle, I can't stand people with that attitude.. Somebody would be getting black eye.. hahaha

•  

If I had to stay in just one spot, it would be my couch.  I had unobstructed views of about 6 channels devoted to the Masters on Uverse.