Grips - Update

Grips - Update

• 5241 points

Just started watching some of the Par 3 contest at Augusta. ESPN announcer Tom Rinaldi asked Jack Nicklaus about a new putter he is using for the contest - Jack has put  one of the back-weighted grips he is promoting  on his putter. He said that's a first for him...and he likes it! A shameless plug at Augusta for a product not made by the usual sponsors..Hmmm...

• 4396 points

I've actually seen a large number of commercials for the secret grip.  However he's had the weight in his clubs for a long long time.  Perhaps he's just adding it to his putter.

•  

this concept has been around for many years...there once was a manufacturer "heavy putter" that put weights in the grip end forcing the big muscles to control the putter and make the putter head feel lighter...

I've adopted this concept by putting lead tape around the shaft and down the shaft prior to putting the grip on...allows me to feel the putter head through the stroke...

•  

Weighted clubs common on the tour for some time now but making their way more readily into the public sector....Personally not a fan of a weighted putter at this point of my game....

• 4396 points

girlsgotgolf
    Weighted clubs common on the tour for some time now but making their way more readily into the public sector....Personally not a fan of a weighted putter at this point of my game....

I'd be a fan if it actually made me miss less - but right now my game is less about minor things and more about fixing the 15 years of ingrained bad stuff!

• 5184 points

I was fitted for a putter several years ago, it was a really cool process. During the fitting we tried weighting the grip. It seemed to have "helped". I played with that putter for several years. In hindsight I don't think that it made a significant difference.

My car was broken into and the set of clubs that included that putter was stolen. When I replaced them I upgraded to a Scotty Cameron. I did not have the grip weighted.