PLAYING FORWARD

PLAYING FORWARD

•  

WELL FOLKS, AS I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY OUR  GROUP PLAYS THE FRONT TEES.

THIS PAST WEEKEND I HAD GUESTS AND WE PLAYED A COMBINATION OF ONE AND TWO TEES BACK FROM HE FRONT,,,I'M RUINED.

THE HOLES FELT LIKE TEY PLAYED TO A STROKE A HOLE HARDER THAN THE FRONT TEES.

GEEEZZZ IT'S FUN TO GET OLD.,,,,,,LOL,LOL

• 4351 points

My wife is just the opposite.  She started to play last year and from day one she refused to play from the women's tees.  She'd get frustrated at the scores she was shooting.  I eventually talked her into moving up.  She finally plays from the women's tees and it put her scores where they should be!  

•  

Know the feeling Dog.  Kind of losses a little something when par becomes 82.

•  

Know the feeling DOG!

Still playing from the back but the young guys hit it futher and further and the holes seem to get longer and longer.

Feels like I'm getting arthritis in my hand and my left shoulder and back are feeling their years.

Still ... it's a great game and if I was playing any other sport I'd be long retired. So great to get out in the fresh air, get some sun and have a (hopefully) enjoyable time.

•  

Ah, yep, not only the teeing grounds, I've also embraced the regular flex and stronger lofted irons.  Next, I'll need them irons in graphite shafts.  

• 2742 points

We typically play from the whites but on the rare occaision when we play a course that requires very long carries to to reach the fairways we wimp out and play the reds. We would rather admit  to becoming senior golfers and enjoy the round than struggle  for tee shots that are now past our ability.

•  

I know what you mean - but for me it's still fun (from time to time) to go out and beat the flat-bellies on those longer tracks.

•  

LOL,,,TYPICAL PAR 5; DRIVER,3 METAL,3 METAL,WEDGE,,,UNLESS IT'S OVER 500,,,3 PUTTSY ) ***YIPS),,,,,,,,,,,,LOL, STILL LOVE IT.

•  

At least you're not having to wack it out of the rough (or punch out of the trees) along the way.

•  

YEP,,,,,,DON'T HIT IT FAR ENOUGH, BOBBY.,,,,,,,,,LOL.

•  

played Raptor Bay in Bonita Spring over my spring break, from the golds.  Had a blast

•  

I don't know what the big deal is about playing forward tees. :-)

And they are forward tees, not ladies' tees. Anyone can play from there, and as Dogloski attests, it keeps the game fun as you gain years and lose distance.

• 5177 points

I agree - Park the ego at the corner of Tiger and Bubba...Just have fun in the elements with friends and the great game of golf..

•  

WELL SAID, CHRIS. IT ALSO SPEEDS UP PLAY.

•  

Our newest teeing ground were just installed and finished last year.  We now have just an over 5,000 yards that we play from once in a while.