Re-gripping

Re-gripping

• 4499 points

So for the first time last summer I got a proper fitting and set of clubs. I also played more last summer than I have at any given time prior.  It was a very hot / sweaty summer for us.  

I plan on re-gripping my clubs once yearly now that I'm playing much more often.  So what I'm curious about is what you have as required gear for re-gripping.  

I'm not worried about the process.  There is more than enough instruction out there.  And I haven't chosen grips yet.  I'll get to that soon.  I'm just looking for the incidentals that you use to make your life easier when removing/adding grips to your clubs.

•  

hook razor, two sided tape, solvent, a vice always helps.

TT

•  

I use air!! its fast, easy and can reuse grips or realign!

• 2781 points

I just leave it to the professionals but I have heard it is really easy.

•  

There are sites on e-Bay that sell kits with grips, tape, soft jaws for your vice to hold the shafts, and I think the solvent as well. Check it out, the prices are not bad at all. Your not going to get much of a discount on the grips, but they throw in the re-gripping kit as a bonus.

•  

As mentioned above the materials are simple...regripping is great but depending on frequency of play I regroup about 2-3 times a year...

•  

I always use Golfworks for my gripping needs. Very dependable, quick ships, and reasonable price.  For solvent I use odorless acetone from Lowes with an oiler can to squirt it on the grips. Use a hook razor to *** off the grip, then a straight blade to scrape the old tape. Soft jaws is a must for your vice grip. Some 2 sided tape and you are ready to go.  Usually takes longer to remove the old grip and clean the shaft than put the new ones on.

• 4499 points

For now I plan on regripping once a year unless I have an abnormally busy year or its excessively warm and I'm sweating more than normal.  With a winter up here, I get maybe 3-4 solid months of golf in with a smattering of days included if I'm lucky.  Once a year should be sufficient.

Looks like the hook blade, solvent, tape and soft grips for the vice are about all I'll pick up.  Thanks guys :)   Now to find me some comfortable grips!

•  

Great topic...I'm interested as well.  I'm planning to start doing my own re-gripping this year also.

• 4499 points

After having a chance to hold various Golf Pride and Winn grips and I've settled on the Winn Dri-Tac in Black/Red.  Time to pick up a bunch and some supplies and get this done!

• 4499 points

After having a chance to hold various Golf Pride and Winn grips and I've settled on the Winn Dri-Tac in Black/Red.  Time to pick up a bunch and some supplies and get this done!

•  

TNT009
    I use air!! its fast, easy and can reuse grips or realign!

todd how do you air

• 2777 points

NCBob
    I always use Golfworks for my gripping needs. Very dependable, quick ships, and reasonable price.  For solvent I use odorless acetone from Lowes with an oiler can to squirt it on the grips. Use a hook razor to *** off the grip, then a straight blade to scrape the old tape. Soft jaws is a must for your vice grip. Some 2 sided tape and you are ready to go.  Usually takes longer to remove the old grip and clean the shaft than put the new ones on.

• 2777 points

I second NC Bob's post to the letter.  

• 218 points

Wheelez3030
    TNT009I use air!! its fast, easy and can reuse grips or realign!

todd how do you air

Ya that sounds easier than cutting it off and everything