FUNNIEST THING ON A GOLF COURSE

FUNNIEST THING ON A GOLF COURSE

•  

We were waiting at a par 3 where the green was on a hill and at the bottom was a lake.  One of the group in front of us ( a member of about 20 people in a very small skins game) failed to put the brakes on his 3 wheel push cart. As he walked away the cart started to roll down hill. Undaunted by the cart's head start he gave chase only to fall face down on the wet grass and slide 20 yards as the cart rolled into the lake.

Covered in mud he watched as the cart did a imitation of the Lusitania, floating for a brief moment then lurching to the side and sinking. Of course it gave up the customary last huge air bubble to the delight of us all except the unfortunate owner.. Being November he had to go into cold water to retrieve his cart.

We all laughed as he had to walk into the freezing water and dive down to get his cart. I drove him back to the club house as he shivered all the way. Upon return I was asked "did you get his money for the skins game"? Why of course I didn't even have to ask.

Any body else have a funny story to share

•  

bholley

We were waiting at a par 3 where the green was on a hill and at the bottom was a lake.  One of the group in front of us ( a member of about 20 people in a very small skins game) failed to put the brakes on his 3 wheel push cart. As he walked away the cart started to roll down hill. Undaunted by the cart's head start he gave chase only to fall face down on the wet grass and slide 20 yards as the cart rolled into the lake.

Covered in mud he watched as the cart did a imitation of the Lusitania, floating for a brief moment then lurching to the side and sinking. Of course it gave up the customary last huge air bubble to the delight of us all except the unfortunate owner.. Being November he had to go into cold water to retrieve his cart.

We all laughed as he had to walk into the freezing water and dive down to get his cart. I drove him back t the club house as he shivered all the way. Upon return I was asked "did you get his money for the skins game"? Why of course I didn't even have to ask.

Any body else have a funny story to share

That would be pretty hilarious.  It is too bad for the other guy though.  LOL!

I watched two of my buddies get a little to close to a creek one time.  They applies the park brake, hit their shots, and jumped back in.  My buddy hit the gas, releasing the parking brake, and before the engine could catch up the flipped the cart over sideways into the creek.  It was bloody hilarious.  We were rolling for a good 10 minutes.  They had to go and get a John Deere front loader to pull the thing out.  I will never forget that.

Tim

•  

Funniest one I have seen was a buddy of mine trying to thread the needle on a drive around a tree, it hit the tree dead square and came back at him. he dropped to the ground and the ball ended up 40 yards behind the tee box. Made for a very long par 4.

•  

At a local muni, I was waiting on a tee box to hit and happened to look over at a green that was close by.  I saw this guy and his girfriend (I guess that's what she was) on the green.  She was not playing but was in "I'm getting a good tan" attire.  Very little clothing.  He was about to putt, but before he hit, she laid down on her belly behind the hole and used her very large cushions as a backstop behind the hole.  Needless to say, his aim was true and he sank the putt.   Thank goodness I had two witnesses with me because no one would have believed that story.

•  

memphisunited

At a local muni, I was waiting on a tee box to hit and happened to look over at a green that was close by.  I saw this guy and his girfriend (I guess that's what she was) on the green.  She was not playing but was in "I'm getting a good tan" attire.  Very little clothing.  He was about to putt, but before he hit, she laid down on her belly behind the hole and used her very large cushions as a backstop behind the hole.  Needless to say, his aim was true and he sank the putt.   Thank goodness I had two witnesses with me because no one would have believed that story.

What course? Sounds like one to add on the "must play" list! LOL

•  

I was playing at a local track quite a number of years back with my sister's boyfriend (at the time) and a couple of his buddies.  They were a little too 'confident' shall we say about getting across a small drainage area.  To be fair it WAS covered completely by grass, but you've gotta figure there's a tiny little bridge for the carts for a reason.  So of course, they drive the cart right across it, only to get stuck because it had rained a TON and the ground was really soft.  So, what's the logical thing to do? To push the cart, right?  Our buddy gets behind the cart, starts to push, and tells the other guy to gun it.  Before you know it, he's completely covered in the nastiest dark black mud you've ever seen being kicked up at him from the tires..  Best part?  It was only the 4th hole, so he had to trudge the rest of the way around covered in some awful mud and smelling like it too!

•  

THANKS TIM!

Stay tuned I got  more good ones to tell in the next few days. I am glad you enjoyed it

•  

shaun13

memphisunited

What course? Sounds like one to add on the "must play" list! LOL

If you're ever down in Memphis, look me up.  I'll take you.  Can't promise you the same view that I had that day, but one can always hope...LOL.

•  

memphisunited

That is awesome!  I wish my ex-girlfriend would have helped me line my putts up like that lol!

Tim

•  

Probably one of the funniest ones I have experienced, other than watching several inebriated golfers was on an early Sunday morning. We were the first out on the course. Arriving at #5 , we  have to lay up as none of us can reach the better than midway to the green due to  large water hazard, all 4 laid up. Second shot I put mine on the green(about time) and everyone else was either to the right or left. As the green is elevated, one cannot tell how close to the pin one is. When we reached the green there were 5 balls on the green. One was mine and who were the others?? When we got into the clubhouse, we talked with owner and found that the previous evening the final foursome that came in were somewhat in their cups and all four claimed that they had a good time but that each had lost a ball on #5. It was determined that they had skipped right past #5 and went over to #6 green. Replaced their balls near the #6 green and finished their round. When we found out who the final four were, some of whom are close friends, the ribbing they have taken over the last several seasons still brings laughs and tears to the eyes.

•  

Our group was playing at a course where the parking lot was adjacent to the left side of the first fairway. One of the players in the first group hit a screaming pull hook into the lot. We heard a gut wrenching thud that could only mean the ball hit a windshield.

DAMN !! he screamed what could be worse. He drove his cart down to the lot to find the unfortunate car and leave a note for the owner so that he could continue to play golf (after all the show must go on).

After he slowly drove back he told us what could be worse breaking the windshield. it was his own car that he hit.

•  

My friend and i use to bet how bad which way our friends shot would go.  It was funny for us.

•  

bholley

Our group was playing at a course where the parking lot was adjacent to the left side of the first fairway. One of the players in the first group hit a screaming pull hook into the lot. We heard a gut wrenching thud that could only mean the ball hit a windshield.

DAMN !! he screamed what could be worse. He drove his cart down to the lot to find the unfortunate car and leave a note for the owner so that he could continue to play golf (after all the show must go on).

After he slowly drove back he told us what could be worse breaking the windshield. it was his own car that he hit.

If you're going to break a windshield, I would rather break my own windshield than someone elses.  It would be less hassle for insurance purposes.  Still unfortunate though.

•  

My Friday afternoon skins game operates by every one putting in $10 and skins are awarded based on handicap. No change is given so often the house winds up with several dollars. Every couple of months we take the money and buy beer for every one.

On one such day Vic (name changed not to protect the innocent but the stupid) brought the beer around to the back of the clubhouse in his new truck. After a few hours the beer ran out and we walked out to the parking lot. Vic went into a panic because his truck was missing from the parking lot. After much searching the police were called. After questioning by the officer the truck was found  at the back of the clubhouse where Vic had left it when he brought  the beer.

The officer suggested that we all call a cab. We agreed.

•  

Unfortunately, I don't have much for funny stuff that's happened on the golf course.  I feel left out!  I hope someone in my group tomorrow does something I can write about... now wouldn't that be a coincidence?