The season begins again

The season begins again

• 3718 points

Here in the northeast there's still snow on the ground but the time is coming for the courses to get back into shape and early season golf to begin.

I'm finally mentally transitioning from loving the winter (I'm a snowboarder) to wanting it to finally end so I can get back out on the course!

I don't end up with the opportunity to travel much throughout the winter for golf excursions (usually the wife and I take ski trips) so until spring hits I usually have a quiet winter golf wise.

So here's a great upcoming season :)

•  

I love this time of year...baseball season is around the corner, the master's is a few weeks away, my NCAA bracket is set but not ruined yet, the days are longer, and the fairways are turning green. I love it!

•  

Officially spring today etakmit.... Here's to a fast start for you.

•  

Cheers! Calling for more snow here in Cincinnati next week!!!

•  

I played today in nearly 60 degree weather.  Heres to hoping the snow melts and you guys can play soon.

TT

•  

Tough, Tim.  I played today in the 70's, once the sun finally came out.  I, too, hope the guys up north --especially in New England-- are able to get out to the course in the not too distant future.  

•  

I spread ice melt this morning and thought about golf...Great way to start the spring!  Very jealous Tim...

I'm thinking this groundhog in PA needs to be reconsidered as the predictor of spring weather.

•  

ToddL
    I spread ice melt this morning and thought about golf...Great way to start the spring!  Very jealous Tim...

I'm thinking this groundhog in PA needs to be reconsidered as the predictor of spring weather.

Then you don't want to know what it was like at Torrey today. :-)

•  

C'mon Don - give me a visual - I need to get to the warm weather soon!  Bermuda is a few weeks away.  Until then, I'm stuck with living vicariously through others!

• 2180 points

Spring hasn't decided what exactly it wants to do yet here in the Midwest... However, we said to heck with the weather.. Just got done playing a round at 31* and 35 mph wind (unsure what that made the wind chill)..... Although I'm chilled to the bone right now it was still fun.. :)

•  

Sorry Todd, I did not take any pictures today. But I found this picture of the 6th hole on the North Course where I played today. It looked just like this about 9am...

I had my sweater off by the 4th hole, even though it was not quite 60 degrees yet. I hope this helps. The high there was 65 degrees and the high at my house was 79 degrees. I'll have to take some pictures at Coronado on Friday. That will warm you up. :-)

•  

From Sundays 41+41 round!  

•  

Hey TNT and golferdrmjr, what's a round at Torrey set you back? Are both courses open to all?

•  

You guys in SD are making me jealous. It's about time to plan a road trip.  The weather has been great in Texas, but it's no San Diego.

• 2637 points

Last March we played three rounds here in R.I. This year it's not likely we will even get one round in. Can't wait for April to bring some good weather(I hope).