Politics + Golf = Escape

Politics + Golf = Escape

•  

Is it  just an escape from the job or really nourishment for the addiction....Check out this interesting article from the WSJ

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324077704578362532136532390.html

•  

Let's  see Marine 1 to Andrews AFB.  Air Force 1 to Florida. Caravan to Golf Course.  A minimum od 10 Secret Service Agents on the course plus backup. Then return to Washington. Us taxpayers got a break, he was comped green fees.  Cost of round approx. $1,200,000.00.

•  

PLEASE DON'T POST THESE ARTICLE'S !

politics and golf don't mix. presidents have been playing golf on the public's dime for 60 years ! some people like some presidents, some like others. nothing to see here. move on

•  

Gotta get some perks with THE job.

Hope he gets out to the Presidents Cup this year!

•  

Actually presidents have been playing golf on the public dime for over a 100 years. William Howard Taft was the first President to play golf. He was also the first president to get stuck in a bath tub. The article was quite fair. Perhaps you should read it and also check your facts.

•  

And he only makes $400,000 a year. While corporate CEO's are snaking many millions of dollars, if not way more! He's on call 24/7 with the most pressure job in the world. I don't have a problem with him playing golf, he deserves the time.

I agree with RANDYWILDMAN, let's leave the politics off this site. But we still like you Alex! :-)  

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    PLEASE DON'T POST THESE ARTICLE'S !

politics and golf don't mix. presidents have been playing golf on the public's dime for 60 years ! some people like some presidents, some like others. nothing to see here. move on

i agree with you on that randy

•  

I was particularly fond of the photo of the Secret Servise guy in a suit sclepping the Presidents bag. Nice!

What lies underneath here is that sadly, the public discourse is so full of vitriol that even simple conversations turn quite tocic. When someone can't even play golf anymore without the nation going off on a multitude of rants, things have spiraled off the orbit.

I'm with the wildman; move along.....

• 3506 points

Keep posting what you want and enjoy. This is a "Community" where we can discuss anything golf-related freely if you want my thoughts. I won't openly discuss my political feelings here but can you blame the man for playing?! Golf is an escape. Like this site is an escape for a lot of us.  If you don't like it, you don't have to click on it or read it. More power to ya and thanks for the good read!

• 5143 points

Well, The President certainly has played more golf than I have over the past four or five years. I don't begrudge him a round of it - You couldn't pay me 10X his pay to take that job...A few rounds of golf is worth it if he recharges his batteries and attitude. He needs all of both in dealing with all of the priorities that pop up every hour of every day as President.

•  

CAN WE PLEASE NOT SOIL THE GREAT GAME WITH POLITICS?

•  

DOGLOSKI
    CAN WE PLEASE NOT SOIL THE GREAT GAME WITH POLITICS?

Come on Doug we know you used to play golf with Eisenhower back when Ike was just a Corporal.

•  

go easy on DOG Mr Holley...you're not too much younger...