Member Directory

Member Directory

•  

Apologies if I missed another post on this subject.  But the Member Directory is a neat function.

You can scroll through the list at when people joined the FJC.

TT

• 1487 points

OUTIGER
    Apologies if I missed another post on this subject.  But the Member Directory is a neat function.

You can scroll through the list at when people joined the FJC.

TT

Good catch, Tim!  Devin and I were in a meeting and discussing who would announce it and it looks like we dropped the baton! Neither of us announced it.

A few notes about it --

Location - If anyone is uncomfortable with their location showing up in a search or in their profile, then edit your profile in the My Account area in FootJoy.com to remove your location from your profile.

Possible enhancements already on the list:

Search by Level - This is planned but didn't get done in time.

Location radius search - For folks who travel and like to get recommendations or perhaps want to setup a round with another FJ Community member, It is nice to see who is in a city, but with a radius search, we hope to allow you to search for anyone within 10, 20, 50 miles of a city.

For folks who didn't spot it, it is a link at the bottom of the Member Milestone "widget".

Best,

-Denise

•  

Awesome function!!!! Thanks Denise

•  

I did not notice it, thank you for pointing it out.  I will certainly take advantage of looking up some folks when I travel.

•  

Nice....

•  

Very interesting, and a great add to the site.  Thanks a lot.  Noticed it takes a long time to get past all the numbered participants to reach the alphabeticals.  Looking forward to the Search by Level and the Radius search, or Location search.  I tried a search on "Texas" and got only ten returns, all numericals with no locations listed.  None of the FJ Ambassadors I know live in Texas.

•  

Just took my first pass through the directory.  I can't believe how many people signed up such a long time ago and have never been heard from again.  Did they fall into a sink hole?

Maybe you can suspend their account after a certain period of inactivity.  I would imagine it just wastes server space for you....just a thought.

• 5375 points

Nice feature Denise! Should help the community extend beyond the Cyber world and anytime you can get members together, you strengthen the community!

•  

cool new feature!

•  

I looked up Tim's location and it said couch

• 2781 points

BostonBuzza
    Just took my first pass through the directory.  I can't believe how many people signed up such a long time ago and have never been heard from again.  Did they fall into a sink hole?

Maybe you can suspend their account after a certain period of inactivity.  I would imagine it just wastes server space for you....just a thought.

I was looking at the same thing!  It says there is over 33,000 members but it seems that most have just signed up and never had any activity.

•  

Yet another awesome addition to the site by Denise and the rest of the team!  

• 5375 points

I'll bet most of the inactives came to the FJC through a contest - signed up, didn't win and never came back!

•  

bholley
    I looked up Tim's location and it said couch

And Holleys says "JAIL"

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    bholleyI looked up Tim's location and it said couch

And Holleys says "JAIL"

TT

Yes but I get out tomorrow