•  

Did you know......

- Women are the fastest growing segment of new golfers

- There are more than 6 million female golfers in the USA

- Women in golf dates back to the 1500s

Check out this informative article by Meredith Lepore

http://content.levoleague.com/lifestyle/8-amazing-women-who-golf/

•  

I am trying to get my wife more involved this year.  Lesson start at TPC for her in 6 weeks.  Great sport for the whole family, just need to work on the pace of play, in general.

• 2781 points

Interesting facts! I don't see many women playing at the courses I go to hopefully that changes. It is good to see.

•  

My club has ladies day on Tuesday mornings. It's woman only until noon. There's a ladies league that fills a par 3 course near me too. Like Buzza, I'm trying to get my wife into it too. Here favorite hole is the 19th, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.  

•  

At my club, the ladies have Thursday morning but they will play every day.  Early- late they are always out there.

•  

Our club welcomes the women golfers at any day and any hour.  They have the last Thursday of the month as guest days.  They are well involved in the SweetHearts on Sundays and are very much alive in their own tournaments.

•  

My club has many opportunities for ladies. In an odd twist of fate, last month I played just in front of the "Widows Open," whic his about 24 ladies who play weekly at courses around the area, and who regularly played with their now deceased husbands.

I didn't ask how the husbands became deceased, mostly because I was afraid that "excessive golf spending" might be on their list......

•  

Randy, why would that worry you? Wife in the mid west, golf stuff shipped to CA. Nothing to worry about!

•  

Future Mrs. wants to play golf with me. I am for it but I need to be able to play golf with me before I can bring her. First round of the year is going to be Friday on Spring Break trip with my team.

•  

Yes, I did know that! It's great to see so many clubs and organizations (like EWGA) plus the PGA continue to promote women's golf. Our customer list at Mrs. Golf continues to grow, just like FootJoy's.  Our Mrs. Golf Facebook page has well over 5,000 likes. Women are hungry for information about this great game, and want to feel welcomed, not intimidated. I know everyone in this community will do that.

• 5330 points

This is a great trend! I know that in my days playing at Bethpage the # of women golfers was relatively small and of the women playing a disproportionate percentage were Asian. Seems to be a cultural phenomenon as Korea and Japan and increasingly, Thailand  is turning out lots of very talented golfers  -Just look at the leader board at just about every LPGA event!

I hope these clubs and organizations continues to grow - However, my wife just isn't interested in the game...sigh..She'd rather watch paint dry...

•  

Brian - Happy to help get your wife more into golf....I think you're about 2 1/2 hours from me in CT....Maybe we could all meet half way and play sometime....

BostonBuzza
    I am trying to get my wife more involved this year.  Lesson start at TPC for her in 6 weeks.  Great sport for the whole family, just need to work on the pace of play, in general.

•  

My wife loves the 19th hole, so I bring that on the course.  A small thermous works just great to keep her beverage cold for the holes we do play together.

•  

I will have to let her know.  At this point, she gets embarassed teeing off in front of others so I am hoping she will overcome this with the lesson.  She actually has a pretty good swing, but I think she has too many thoughts of the process rather than just getting up and hitting the ball.  Thank you very much for the offer, we will be in touch.

•  

It makes sense that female golfers are the fastest growing segment. My two oldest daughters go to the 1st tee of Ft. Worth and there are more girls in the classes than boys.