Odd Happening Number Two

Odd Happening Number Two

•  

Yesterday I played in an Interleague event at one of the other clubs.  The course is a collection of holes based on famous holes from courses around the country.  The 7th hole is modeled after the 13th at Augusta National--par 5, with a raised green fronted by a small creek that runs along the left side of the fairway and then across in front of the green, about 15 years short of the green.  The creek is marked with yellow lines.

Tee shot in the middle right of the fairway.  2nd shot lay-up to about 65 yards from the green.  Skinned 3rd shot to left rear of the green, then skulled 4th shot into the creek fronting the green.  Question is:  if you opt to not replay from the previous spot, do you drop across the creek from the green or at the nearest point of relief on the free-side of the creek?  I know if you hit a second or third shot into the creek from the fairway that you drop on the fairway side of the creek, but what if your shot is going the other direction?

Take it away, FJ Community.  (By the way, I dropped in the fairway for my 6th stroke to the green.)

•  

Ted,

Work on the short wedge game.  The skulled shots are killing you.

TT

•  

Fairway side of the green for yellow water hazard.

Point of entry must be kept in line with flag so that means you gotta go back down the fairway to get to that position.

Also agree with TT, put some more work in the wedge game as certainly makes life a little easier not to mention a little more enjoyable.

Having said that I love the adventure so keep these conundrums coming.

• 3506 points

Take that stroke and distance then say a prayer, so you wouldn't have to worry about chili-dipping from the other side of the creek

•  

i agree with crocman.  keeping the point the ball crossed into the hazard and the pin in line and dropping no closer to the hole, you would have to go to the other side of the creek........i think.

•  

Pick it up.......take an 8.   :)

•  

Agree with the other folks that you need a short game lesson.  The yellow stakes rule the action here.  You must keep the point of entry between you and the hole.  Hopefully the course designated a drop area.  If they did not, I Bieber you can go back in the fairway as far as you want...

•  

NEITHER OF THE ODD HAPPENINGS SOUND LIKE YOU TED.

ARE YOU SURE YOU WERE NOT WATCHING ME PLAY.

ODD HAPPENING #2 WAS SO CONFUSING I THINK I WOULD JUST PICK UP AND GIVE THE OPPONENT THE HOLE.

•  

Several options are available under rule 26-1.  1. the stroke and distance, drop as near as possible from ball was played. 2.Drop ball behind the water hazard. 3. play it from the hazard.

Beside wedge practice buy a Rules of Golf. They only cost a couple of bucks.

•  

Thanks, everyone.  I have a Rules of Golf and have had for many years.  I also know how to apply the rules.  I have raised these two occurrences for discussion and information of those on the Forum.  As far as the lessons are concerned, I had just had a lesson that focused on medium and short game pitches and was applying what I learned during those lessons in the later instance.  Just goes to show that lessons alone do not solve problems with our game.  You have to practice in order to ensure the methods are ingrained in your game.

•  

Ted - keep up with these rules teasers!  Great learning experience for us all.

•  

I just know you should fix that before 3/28/13. LOL

•  

Todd, thanks for the encouragement.  I haven't had anything else present itself recently but I'll keep looking for something to encourage discussion along these lines.

•  

ToddL

Agree with the other folks that you need a short game lesson.  The yellow stakes rule the action here.  You must keep the point of entry between you and the hole.  Hopefully the course designated a drop area.  If they did not, I Bieber you can go back in the fairway as far as you want...

Wait, so your autocorrect put "Bieber" in for "believe?"  That could warrant an interesting explanation.  

•  

GTJacket8

ToddL

Wait, so your autocorrect put "Bieber" in for "believe?"  That could warrant an interesting explanation.  

todd has bieber-fever!!