Day/Night Two-Person Tournament

Day/Night Two-Person Tournament

•  

Interesting event last night.  Played in a two-man day/night tournament at my local club.  Played fourball for 9 holes in the late afternoon/evening.  Then went into the club for fried chicken dinner--and to give the course the time to set up the other nine for the night portion.  They provided glow balls for play, glow sticks to put around your neck to let others know where you were, and a different glow stick for the cart.  Each tee had a glowing globe to mark the start, a glow stick on the 150 yard marker, and more glow strings wrapped in a foam protector around the top of the flagstick.  This was the two-man scramble side and was different.  My partner and I won the  four ball (-7 net) side, but did not play as well in the scramble, finishing 3rd net overall.  Fun.  Not sure I'd do it again, though.

•  

it sounds like a cool thing to do

•  

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun but couldn't do it in the summer down here. They would have to put miniature glow somethings on all the skitters here so you could see um before they gotcha! LOL

•  

Sounds like a pretty cool idea, would be something to try anyway. I would think some local course knowledge would go a long way in an event like that.