Pace of Play Pledge

Pace of Play Pledge

•  

The Southern California Golf Association is sponsoring a program called the Pace of Play Pledge. Via the associations web site, you can go on and register and commit to following the helpful guidelines for keeping play moving. The tips:

Play Ready Golf

Walk fast or use your cart efficiently

Get your yardage and be ready to play before your turn

Walk to your ball when others are playing

Read your putt before it's your turn to play

If your ball might be lost outside a water hazard or out of bounds, hit a Provisionsl Ball (Rule 27-2)

If you sign up at scga.org/pledge, you are issued a handy bag tag with these tips printed right on it. It's a ll a gentle reminder that as players, we can control the pace and the pace of those in our groups.

•  

that is a good thing

• 1062 points

Thanks Tar Heel.  The Utah Golf Association (UGA) is also going to address these issues and remedies as you have described.  In the long run, if we all pledge, we all win.  We will still have a few, as we always do, but we can grow the game by education.  Thanks for sharing.

•  

It is definately something that is a problem accross the board, good to hear that some associations are taking some actions

•  

Tar Heel
    The Southern California Golf Association is sponsoring a program called the Pace of Play Pledge. Via the associations web site, you can go on and register and commit to following the helpful guidelines for keeping play moving. The tips:

Play Ready Golf

Walk fast or use your cart efficiently

Get your yardage and be ready to play before your turn

Walk to your ball when others are playing

Read your putt before it's your turn to play

If your ball might be lost outside a water hazard or out of bounds, hit a Provisionsl Ball (Rule 27-2)

If you sign up at scga.org/pledge, you are issued a handy bag tag with these tips printed right on it. It's a ll a gentle reminder that as players, we can control the pace and the pace of those in our groups.

Thanks for posting this Randy. I strive to play golf by these tenets already.

•  

thanks Randy.  these are tips everyone should abide by.  it's a win-win situation for everyone.  and if you want to play slow and take your time, there is a time and place for that.  go to a course with little play during a non-busy time and enjoy.  but if there are people around, keep the pace going and everyone will be happy.

•  

I just play as long as the bottle lasts.  18 shots

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    I just play as long as the bottle lasts.  18 shots

TT

Cheers

•  

Love the creed, Randy. I do many of them but not all. I would consider myself a fast player once I decide my shot but I can take a bit of time to make up my mind. I will make a better effort to speed up my play for sure.

• 2781 points

I like the fact that they are laying out a set of guidelines for people to follow.  Hopefully it works.

•  

I think it's great that they are doing this.  I consider myself a fast player and most folks I play with play relatively fast as well and I try to do pretty much everything you listed.  People that get around the course efficiently do most (if not all) of the things you mentioned Randy.  Also, I'm no expert golfer and so I know for a fact you don't have to be good to play fast/efficiently either.  I hate seeing a group of four (or occasionally five) that wouldn't know ready-golf if it hit them in the backside; some of these same folks all drive to each other's golf balls, watch said person go through his/her routine, hit the shot, and then go to the next ball and so on.  Then they don't let people play through until a marshall forces them to.  These tips along with more effective "marshalling" and possibly even incentives by the course for finishing in a timely manner can all help with slow play IMHO.

•  

The course I belong to averages 3 hours and 10 mins for 18 holes.  Most groups tend to play in under 3 hours.  Great pace of play and players tend to be aware of what clubs they need when going to the ball or the greens.  Anyone from the area (RI) can certainly reach out to me via PM and let me know if you want to get a round in at Pawtucket CC.  I also belong to TPC of Boston, but that is a corporate deal and gets very expensive but can happen on a limited based.  Pace of play there is much longer, as most of the players want to take on the FULL tour effect, if you know what I mean...

•  

These good practices guideline sounds very usefull and if all people on course respect it playing golf will be even better.

•  

thanks for the posting -  most of the guys I play with play ready golf -  two of us walked nine Wednesday (Feb 6th) in 1 hr 15 min.

• 1979 points

Not a fan of slow play here, ready golf is fun golf :)