Instagram

Instagram

• 3627 points

Who here is on Instagram? I've been on it for the last ~18 months and think it's pretty fun. I mostly post pictures of golf courses, travel, and architecture. It could be a fun way to share photos between the FJ community.

So, who else is on there?

If you are and want to check out my photos, I'm @PatCCraig

• 3627 points

Anyone else on Instagram?

•  

I am not, also not too familier with it other than seeing them on Twitter from time to time.

•  

have no idea how it works...want to provide a tutorial for us non technically challenged?

•  

i'm on it.  @tdalton21  i like it, but i'm not sure if it will survive.  facebook bought them and immediately screwed up with their privacy policy.  that and it no longer plays well with Twitter.

•  

i'm on it.  @tdalton21  i like it, but i'm not sure if it will survive.  facebook bought them and immediately screwed up with their privacy policy.  that and it no longer plays well with Twitter.

•  

i dont have it

• 3627 points

Mondo
    have no idea how it works...want to provide a tutorial for us non technically challenged?

Here is a good guide:

www.wikihow.com/Use-Instagram

•  

thanks Pat...appreciated

•  

I'll get it when the kids no longer think it's cool.

TT

•  

I quit using it because they changed their privacy policy to basically say they can take your photos and sell them to companies without telling you or paying you for it.

Sorry no thanks

• 1525 points

I am leery of it given their evolving terms of use.  I don't know where they are now, but in December the policy was --

if you take a picture in a retail store (of your child modeling a great outfit, for example), they can sell the use of that picture of YOUR child to that retailer for use in an ad, without asking your permission, getting a model waiver or paying you for it.  That is just not OK in my book. I won't go near it.

• 5542 points

I agree with Denise - This proposed FaceBook policy concerning use of Instagram images, in not legally wrong, has more than a bit of ethical taint. Unilateral declaration that what is yours is now mine is, um, illegal isn't it??! Just shows you how challenged some of these "free" online business models really are..

•  

i think they backed off of that.  i believe that is still a Facebook policy, but there was so much backlash against instagram, i'm pretty sure they took that out of their policy.

• 1525 points

tdogg21
    i think they backed off of that.  i believe that is still a Facebook policy, but there was so much backlash against instagram, i'm pretty sure they took that out of their policy.

Yeah, you are right. It looks like they reverted on 1/19/2013 (a week and a half ago) after having lost 42% of their daily traffic.  I am still leery given that it is an evolving situation. They will try to monetize the service again since ad revenue doesn't appear to be cutting it.