Bubba Jumps Ship

Bubba Jumps Ship

•  

A press release today acknowledges that Bubba Watson will no longer be part of the Travis Matthew apparel team. The release states this is effective at the beginning of the 2013 calendar year (tomorrow)

Rumor is out that Bubba was photographed and a Twitter picture posted showing him in Oakley apparel products.

The golf "silly season" is underway in advance of the PGA Show at the end of January.....  

•  

He's gone to Oakley, as has Zach J!

•  

Randy,

Leave the office and sign on more.  This is old news.

The scoops here on the board already announced this.  haha

TT

• 2956 points

Yep, here's Bubba in Oakley duds. NOTE: he is still wearing his ICON Asyms!

•  

that is better than him leaving FJ and going to like nike

•  

yeah, interesting. Bubba was a part owner at Travis Mathew I thought ? Oakley must have paid him a tone of money to leave. Will he wear shades on the course now ?

•  

It was on GolfWRX last month.

•  

Wonder what the Oakley contract is worth?

They have now lost Major winners Bradley and McIllroy so tipping a bit in the kitty for Bubba.

Have seen some of the Oakley gear and it looks quite  colourful so he should look pretty good as long as he doesn't wear same outfit each day of a tournament

• 2756 points

Wonder if he'll wear Oakley shoes too?  The Twitter/Instgram pic had him in ICONS.

• 5177 points

The economics of these contracts sure must be interesting. I suspect Bubba wasn't exactly hurting for cash flow so the Oakley folks must've poured some serious dollars into his coffers...What is the agent's take in this kind of contract/deal?

• 2781 points

Oakley definitely fits Bubba's style.  Hope he still rocks the FJs.

•  

Man he looks weird in shorts, Casper like legs. Bubba is an instant hit for any company who signs him. Oakley lost Rory so why not go after the Masters Champ. Hoping he keeps the FJ kicks but he may not have a choice in the matter.

•  

The Oakley HQ is across the street from my office, so I may have to start stalking over there to see who shows up. They have their stars in all the time for work sessions. Watched them buzz Shaun White in via chopper once.

•  

He has those Randy ostrich legs.  lol

TT

•  

The $$$ must be very enticing...Randy - Just kindly decline any offer from Oakley to cross the street.  We have your back!