Wedges

Wedges

•  

It was 10* of bounce and when it was bent it went up to 12*.  I ground out the extra two degrees and he has a beautiful 62* wedge that has 10* of bouce.  I have the same wedge setup in my bag and I hit some awesome shots out of the sand with it.  It gets a little tougher on longer sand shots, but I just club down and hit the 56*.

Tim

•  

19hole

What will you do if they roll the maximum wedge back to 60?

It won't be that bad to got o 60 from 62.  We just have to bend them back.  I don't see the USGA changing the loft rule any time soon though.  They have their hands full dealing with all of the groove issues.  I am sure the OEM lawyers will have a field day if the USGA messes with lofts too.

Tim

•  

There has been a lot of discussion about the maximum allowable loft. Personally it won't change anything for me and I don't know a lot of guys with more than 60 on any of their wedges.

•  

I can see them changing the maximum allowable loft.  Once the groove rule goes into play and they still see them spinning the ball out of any lie, they will probably look at the lofts to help take the "advantage" away from the player. 

•  

I'm a 3-wedge player

52 - Cleveland 900 Series

56 - Cleveland CG-12

60- Cleveland 900 Series

I've tried the Titleist's, Taylor Mades...but always go back to my Clevelands.

• 4775 points

19hole

We would have to have a funeral for the "flopadopalous"!!

•  

19hole

Do what we did before they come out with the 64, use the low bounce 60 and open wide. The newest Vokey 60-04 has some of the flange taken off by the hosel and down the back to help prevent the dreded skull on a tight lie.