PGA Show

PGA Show

•  

Is anyone planning on going to the show this coming January? It is for PGA Professional and those in the golf industry, but I know a number of other people pay the fee to go.

•  

We've always wanted to go, but not being in "the business", prevented it. Can one now "buy" their way in with a fee?

•  

fredcloss
    We've always wanted to go, but not being in "the business", prevented it. Can one now "buy" their way in with a fee?

Everything and everyone has a price!

•  

I will be there though.

•  

Fred, You need to beg someone that is registered for the show and on-site to accompany you to get you to be able to pay the $100 entry fee.

• 5336 points

Devin,

Break out a GoPro video camera and tour the show for us, will you? It would be fun to see the show through the perspective of an industry professional and to see what, if anything, the competition is pitching to the new year. Of course, an up close look at all FootJoy products would provide the setting for a great competitive contrast!

•  

i've been to it many times, but it's been 14 years (holy crap, it doesn't feel like that long!), since i was last there.  the late 90s were really something to see.  i heard it went down hill and is now on it's way back.  maybe in the future i will make another trip.  it was always a lot of fun seeing the new equipment, equipment we had never heard of, and the current and former tour players who would come to the company booths.  actually met sam snead and byron nelson while there.

• 3506 points

Hoping to be there myself!

•  

19hole
    Fred, You need to beg someone that is registered for the show and on-site to accompany you to get you to be able to pay the $100 entry fee.

So Rick...What you are saying is that we have a shot!!!  By the way, you don't look your age.  Not a day over 25...:)

•  

I'll be there. Pistol, I'm thinking Devin won't be filming any of the competition's stuff!

I will post pics as I can, since I can't post from my iPhone. I'll try Twitter (@golfnglitter) /Instagram.

•  

I rely totally on our "on site reporter," the lovely and talented Ms. Chapman. She gives all the inside scoop on all things at the show, and even more insights for FJ. No need for me to go with Chris doing the reporting!

•  

Tar Heel
    I rely totally on our "on site reporter," the lovely and talented Ms. Chapman. She gives all the inside scoop on all things at the show, and even more insights for FJ. No need for me to go with Chris doing the reporting!

Devin, Rick and I will have a drink for our favorite multi-state Ambassador.

•  

Tar Heel

Devin, Rick and I will have a drink for our favorite multi-state Ambassador.

•  

Not able to make it, but I have a couple of friends that are attending.  Hopefully I can get the scope on some new products to hit the line this year.  Particularly interested in the Titleist utility irons.

•  

golfchick
    I'll be there. Pistol, I'm thinking Devin won't be filming any of the competition's stuff!

I will post pics as I can, since I can't post from my iPhone. I'll try Twitter (@golfnglitter) /Instagram.

you might want to check again.  Devin said that capability was added with iOS 6.  i haven't tried it yet, but that would be a nice addition.