Do you TPI?

Do you TPI?

•  

Alright, I'll be honest, I'm still digesting my last slice of Thanksgiving pie. I'm feeling a bit sluggish and winter is upon us. It's time to get back in the gym.  Since golf is the only sport I'm improving at, I want to dedicate my gym time to improving my game. I've watched TPI on TGC and I'm thinking this might be the winter for starting a TPI program. Has anyone here tried it?

•  

Good workouts, I've used their DVDs with success! A book would be better so you could see exercises and not forget them!

•  

I live in California. My TPI is playing every Saturday and Sunday...... Just sayin'

•  

josh - i've been thinking about the same thing.  haven't tried any of it yet and wondering if it's worth it or if i would just get the same from normal strength and stretching exercises on my own.

•  

no i havent done it seriously

•  

Josh, I'm like Randy--my TPI is playing five days a week, sometimes six.  I do stretch before/after a round--yes, other than bent elbows.

•  

I agree with Randy...I just play every weekend year round!

•  

Yeah I wish I could play every weekend, but we do get the full winter "experience"  in Mass.  I'm vary aware of a lot of exercises, but all mine are hockey specific.  In order to commit to getting back in the gym, I'm going to need a purpose.  And getting better at golf is a definite purpose.  The book is a good idea, workout DVD's just aren't good for me (I live in an apartment), but going to an actual TPI place, just a couple of times seems like a good idea.

• 2756 points

Good stuff.  DVD's are solid, lots of good resources and tips.  Give it a try, you'll like it.

•  

I will join the weekend guys.  Also try to play 9 holes every Tuesday afternoon.  Then also try and practice on Friday afternoon. This darn work thing always seems to get in the way.

•  

i wish i could play golf all the time to stay in shape.  but like Josh, i get the full winter treatment in PA.  almost time for me to put the clubs in the basement and move the snowboard to the garage.