Games

Games

•  

What golf games or format do you like to play?

What's a popular game between you and your friends?

=======================

My friends and I like matches.  Usually a front back and total.  There could presses.

Another one is a four way match.  It is becoming popular among the guys,  a total of 16 points per hole and you divi it up according to score ranking.  It's fun.

I'm not sure if I like the dots game/wolf/pig/captain or whatever it's really called. . . I've had some fun with it, but it wouldn't be my choice.

•  

We have a couple of games at our club.  

My favorite is 4 man team NO STROKES and you take 2 best balls, with ALL birdies counting, e.g. 3 birdies on a hole count as -3.  We start off by identifying the "best" or "lowest" individuals as Captains, then pick from the remaining players.  Sometimes the next lowest handicap is not always selected for differeing reasons.  We play $5 front, $5 back, and $10 overall per man.

The other game we have is pretty much the same, but play with handicap's @ 80%, but is a blind draw.

•  

BostonBuzza
    We have a couple of games at our club.  

My favorite is 4 man team NO STROKES and you take 2 best balls, with ALL birdies counting, e.g. 3 birdies on a hole count as -3.  We start off by identifying the "best" or "lowest" individuals as Captains, then pick from the remaining players.  Sometimes the next lowest handicap is not always selected for differeing reasons.  We play $5 front, $5 back, and $10 overall per man.

The other game we have is pretty much the same, but play with handicap's @ 80%, but is a blind draw.

BB, clarification-- is that 4 man against 4 man?

•  

Here are the points used in a match against 3 guys in a foursome, per player.

par. . . . bogey. . . . . double. . . . triple

birdie. .par. . . . . . . .bogey. . . . . .double

7 . . . . . 5 . . . . . . . . . 3. . . . . . . . . .1

par. . . . bogey. . . .  .bogey. . . . . bogey

birdie. .par. . . . . . . .par. . . . . . . .par

7. . . . . .3. . . . . . . . . .3 . . . . . . . . . 3

par . . . .par . . . . . . bogey . . . . . double

birdie . .birdie . . . .par . . . . . . . .bogey

6 . . . . . .6 . . . . . . . .4 . . . . . . . . . .1

par . . . . .par . . . . . bogey . . . . . bogey

birdie . . .birdie . . . par . . . . . . . .par

6 . . . . . . .6 . . . . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . . .2

par . . . . .par . . . . . par . . . . . . . .bogey

birdie . . .birdie . . . birdie . . . . . par

5 . . . . . . .5 . . . . . . . .5 . . . . . . . . .1

It rewards the best out of 4 as earned points.

•  

Yes, we typically will have 16 to 24 guys show up and break them up into 4 man teams.  Sometimes we end up with one of the teams having a 5th man.  The 5th man will usually end up with the highest handicapped captain to balance things off.

If you are ever up in the North East, RI area, please let me know and I will be happy to invite you over to play in the game.

take care,

-Brian

•  

16-24 guys, that's a lot of fun . . . and what a great game!  I may have to ask you for the game details one of these days.

Thanks for the invite, I'll keep it in mind if I would ever be near there-- I would love to.

Also, thank you for participating in this thread.  You guys have good stuff going on!

No'l

•  

a family match that my dad does with his brothers and friends there is 2 teams of 10 and it is a match play format and if you win a hole you have to drink a shot of jack danials. it is funny last year they went through 18 bottles of jack

• 2947 points

Usually play Nassua, with presses. Occasionally will play Wolf. About once every 4-6 weeks, we'll have 8 - 12 people and play 2 man teams; random draw and played to handicap. No two man team can be the same for consecutive games. It ends up pretty fair and the winners usually spend all the loot on drinks and Chinese food after the match.

Hey Wheelez, How many on course DUI offenses?

•  

That is hard core.  I would really have to focus as I don't think I would be able to play after losing a couple of holes.  You would most likely find me behind a tree puking my guts out at that pace.

•  

BostonBuzza
    That is hard core.  I would really have to focus as I don't think I would be able to play after losing a couple of holes.  You would most likely find me behind a tree puking my guts out at that pace.

Way hard core!  Lol

We do a bev hole on 9 & 18.  Just a fun but a dumb game of who has the longest putt after the first putt on the green, buyer!  But, that's just two drinks all day once in a while.  Guys would order drinks they would never order on their own tab!   It's been noted, "it's ok to buy after 9, but never after the 18th!  (Ha ha ha)

•  

parthur
    Usually play Nassua, with presses. Occasionally will play Wolf. About once every 4-6 weeks, we'll have 8 - 12 people and play 2 man teams; random draw and played to handicap. No two man team can be the same for consecutive games. It ends up pretty fair and the winners usually spend all the loot on drinks and Chinese food after the match.

Parthur, two man team blind draws are a lot of fun in a net game!   I'm sure your guys and you have a lot of fun.

Sometimes I see a message around a license plate that reads, "I press!"   Have you seen those?

•  

noeldaof
    parthurUsually play Nassua, with presses. Occasionally will play Wolf. About once every 4-6 weeks, we'll have 8 - 12 people and play 2 man teams; random draw and played to handicap. No two man team can be the same for consecutive games. It ends up pretty fair and the winners usually spend all the loot on drinks and Chinese food after the match.

Parthur, two man team blind draws are a lot of fun in a net game!   I'm sure your guys and you have a lot of fun.

Sometimes I see a message around a license plate that reads, "I press!"   Have you seen those?

No not yet Because I haven't played in it yet it is more of my dads thing but I will play next year

•  

The main group I play with usually sticks to one of three formats:  Teams, count two or three balls scratch (depends if four or five man teams) for $2 Nassau, plus $1 greenies, birdies/eagles (we've limited maximum loss per person to $10 to keep more players in the game); Skins and Greenies, net with no strokes on any par 3s, $5 per person for skins and $4 for greenies, split among those who have them; and Wolf, when there are only five of us, $.25 per point.  Keeps the game interesting without being a monetary hindrance.

•  

Sounds like a lot of fun!  All your usual game sounds familiar and fun, pulplvr.  Also, I can understand the “no strokes on par 3s”. And it’s a great way to keep the guys in the game with the $10 cap.  Way to keep the game interesting!

• 2947 points

Parthur, two man team blind draws are a lot of fun in a net game! I'm sure your guys and you have a lot of fun.

Sometimes I see a message around a license plate that reads, "I press!"   Have you seen those?[/quote]

Noel,

Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't seen the I Press plate holders. I checked on-line and didn't find any. But I'll be watching for one, thanks. Yeah, lots of fun and quite a bit of ribbing and laughs after the round. Definite recommended activity, if you can find a number of players that can actually commit to the same time and place.