Forums

Holiday Traditions ?

•  

Do you have any ?

we have several. We always cut a tree, we always make cookies as a family and my wife's birthday is the 24th so that is only her birthday nothing else. 

•  

Hey Wildman, tell the wife I said merry birthday or happy christmas!  My B-day is the 24th too.  I have heard them all as I am sure she has too.

•  

My son's is on the 25th!

For many years, we've always had family over at our place.  Lots of people.  Lots of food.

It's our tradition to be at church on Christmas Eve.  Many people visit each others home after the mass for a snack or meal.  It goes on and ends up to be just the family in their own home before 12:00AM.  It's a great moment.

Merry Christmas.

•  

Starting new traditions since our parents are no longer around.  Plus my wife's Bday is on Jan 1st.  They are planning on a new years 5K road race and the Polar Bear Plunge on New Years day.

tatur.org/PolarPlunge.html  

TT

•  

TT do you plan on wearing your FJ winter soft gloves for the event?  Good luck with the Plunge!

•  

Buzza,

As little clothing as possible.  Jumping into the 3 pools takes alot out of you. It's better to have as little that can soak up moisture as possible.

TT

•  

That is not a good visual Tim, thanks for sharing.

•  

that is scarry tim now i will have nightmares tonight because of that thanks

•  

OUTIGER
    Buzza,

As little clothing as possible.  Jumping into the 3 pools takes alot out of you. It's better to have as little that can soak up moisture as possible.

TT

Unsubscribe

•  

That's a holiday tradition?  We, too, have a holiday season birthday--my wife's is the 27th.  Usually Christmas morning is hot cinnamon rolls and an egg casserole, followed by stockings and later gift opening.  Then the ground of family phone calls, especially if none of the grandsons are with us locally.  Too many others to even start to list, but at least we keep our clothes on.

•  

Tim breaks out the pink banana hammock...*shudders*

My parents have been divorced since I was 1 so I always split my holidays. On Christmas eve we always go to my Dad's house for chili (our Christmas tradition) and swing by Christmas morning to see my Mom and grandma. My future wife's family go to lunch in downtown Cincinnati on Christmas eve so I will be enjoying that this year.

•  

we always went to church on Christmas Eve and then back to my parent's house for a party with oyster stew, shrimp, crab cakes, and steak.  my Dad use to go all out and it kept getting bigger and bigger.  since he passed away, it's gotten more difficult for my mom to keep up, so this year my wife and I are going to have everyone over to our house.  Christmas day was difficult with both my family and my wife's family in town.  but now that we have a daughter ourselves, things have gotten really hard.  not sure what our Christmas day tradition will end up being.

•  

We make a visit to Bronners (Worlds largest Christmas store) in Frankenmuth Michigan...spend the day there and eat chicken...we also host our families on Christmas eve and than make the trek to each family on Christmas day...

• 2756 points

Christmas Vacation....watch it every year on Christmas Eve.  I also do a shopping day with my sister in Ann Arbor.  We always have a blast and it's what I look forward to most.