Forums

Black Friday, do you shop ?

•  

I don't do it at all. My wife might hit one and only one sale but we don't get up early or anything. I went to Toys r  us once and the line was around the building. I quit that day.

•  

Not a chance.  Now if the FJ had a Black Friday sale, it would jump on it..

•  

yea but not earily in the morning

•  

No I don't shop on Black Friday...I play golf!  We had a great round today and the LAST place I wanted to be was shopping.

•  

No way, no how!!!  I'll wait til the smoke clears next week.

• 2956 points

NO, NO , NO, only on-line at golf sites for myself.

•  

i wasn't going to but amazon sucked me in.  ended up spending way too much money, but got some good deals on stuff for either presents or things i needed anyway.  really didn't do any needless spending, but it was painful anyway.  haha.

•  

Not a chance in Haddes!

• 2756 points

I did my Black Friday shopping on the Cameron Collector!  Picked up a rare stick...couldn't be happier.

•  

Nope.  Too many others pushing and shoving for me to even try.  I might shop on-line, but I'm not going to a mall or any type of big box store on Black Friday.  Plenty of time, as a retiree, to shop after all the fuss and nonsense has cooled a bit.

• 503 points

Only online.

•  

Congratulations Ryan - post a photo on the Cameron thread when it arrives!  

I avoid the stores like the plague.  Did it once and vowed to NEVER go again.  Ridiculous to see people sleeping outside just to get a TV at 1/2 price...Worst off, people get really upset if they don't get that $80 Blue Ray player...

My advice - plan ahead and buy throughout the year....

•  

i go to Lowe's every year.  People are always very polite and it's gotten to be a joke.  everyone talks about the crazy crowds and i talk about how nice everyone was.

• 2739 points

I find that one of the best times to Christmas shop is after 6 P.M. the day after Thanksgiving. The rush is over by then and  the stores don't have a lot of customers. More and more every year I am doing gift cards unless someone has a specific request.

•  

Let's see. I can go to a retail scrum and battle other knuckleheads for some product I don't really need, or I can spend some time with my family.

I pick family time myself.