Forums

Do you put up Holiday lights ? When ?

•  

Fabulous, Bob ! Look forward to phase 2 & 3 !  Did you make the Train ?

NCBob
    Started putting the decorations up on Thanksgiving will take them down after New Years.  Usually takes about 3 days to get them up and 2 to take down.

This is phase one.

•  

Luv it, Brian...The Stick action contiunes off course as well !  Great idea/place for a holiday skate party too.....

BostonBuzza
    Usually this weekend.  The wife will break out all of the decorations today, and will start the process Saturday.

I also start the outdoor hockey rink this weekend too.  Kids love it.  Last year, not so good, but 2 years ago it was great!

•  

Many decorations & lights already up around town. Neighbors next door and across the street put out/up decorations Friday & Saturday but haven't switched them on yet....First week of December through First week of January is the usually time frame for  candles in the windows, Spot light in the tree illuminating wreath on and greens around the front doors and tree on the back deck for my CT Cape.

• 2772 points

Put them up a couple of weeks ago. I always do it on a comfortable day and just leave them unplugged until after Thanksgiving.

• 1596 points

Our norm is having most of the inside (including tree) home finished 1st week of Nov, and the outside prior to Thanksgiving, and the outside is work in progress until the last week of Nov...

•  

I love the backyard rink.  I wish I could sent one up.  They flood the park, so that's cool for some winter fun.  As for the lights and tree, they go up Thanksgiving weekend and come down New Years.  Putting them up before Thanksgiving is too much IMO,.. One holiday at a time people!

•  

NCBob

Started putting the decorations up on Thanksgiving will take them down after New Years.  Usually takes about 3 days to get them up and 2 to take down.

This is phase one.

Does that train stop in South Bend ?

• 3545 points

We always put up a few decorations around Thanksgiving but, nothing extravagant.

•  

Bob, that looks great!

I do very little nowadays.  I also just do the easy ones, the woven animal shaped with lighting.  Really simple stuff.

•  

We stopped two years ago because of our ages and the time it takes to put them up, but we still have our tree and the grandkids to help us enjoy the Christmas season.

•  

Ty Webb
    NCBob

This is phase one.

Does that train stop in South Bend ?

Looks good from our area and tell the engineer that he needs to stop here in Iowa before he continues on his merry way

•  

usually get mine up when I can find a warm(er) day around Thanksgiving or shortly after...this year I got mine up on Friday after Thanksgiving....a bit cold but my FJ winter hat was ideal!!!!

•  

Enjoy the video as you ride the Christmas Train.

Click here to play this video

•  

day after Thanksgiving here

•  

Terrific ride, although had a little trouble getting the video rolling !

NCBob
    Enjoy the video as you ride the Christmas Train.