Forums

Going to back Oahu ? 33 years after Magnum PI

•  

I was in an episode of Magnum PI standing on the beach as Selleck ran up the beach for some fake triathlon scene. 7 years old they just told us to clap and cheer.

Anyways we are going back in March and I have no clue where to stay and play ? Any places you liked or didn't like ? let me know. Thanks for your help. I might only get a round or two in. the place to stay is most important at this point.

•  

I wish I could help, but it has been over 15 years since I have last visited....way too long.  Good luck finding a nice place.

•  

http://www.imperialofwaikiki.com/
    Walking distance to just about everything in Waikiki.
    If you have a time share, exchange, decent and clean rooms.
    However, other hotels are just about all good.

When we go, we stay in Waikiki.  We are on foot and taxi.  We only rent a car towards the end of stay (3 or 4 days)  We book it through internet. (we never call direct for the higher visitor rate. thanks to a friend.)

Ko Olina
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hnlko-marriotts-ko-olina-beach-club/
    is on the west side.  Beautiful resort and beaches.  It's a good spot.

I used http://www.teetimeshawaii.com/ in Oahu.
    I've been lucky, they've book me with a round trip in a stretch limo from Waikiki hotel mentioned above and back,
    a round at Ko Olina with cart and range use, all for $63.  That may have been 5 years ago, but a friend told me he's got the same deal for $75.

The North side is very cool.  March, I think, is still surfing season.  Lots of surfers along the pipeline shores.  Roads can be slow.  But there is a Palmer & a Fazio course up at Turtle Bay. . . and a few Shrimp trucks-- must try!

=========
    course list:
    Ala Wai Golf Course - * (Honolulu)
    Creek Golf Course - *** (Ewa Beach)
    Ewa Beach Golf Club - *** (Ewa Beach)
    Ewa Villages Golf Course - * (Ewa Beach)
    Hawaii Kai Golf Course (Championship) - *** (Honolulu)
    Hawaii Kai Golf Course (Executive) - * (Honolulu)
    Hawaii Prince Golf Club - *** (Ewa Beach)
    Kapolei Golf Course - ** (Kapolei)
    Ko Olina Golf Club - **** (Kapolei)
    Ko'Olau Golf Club - *** (Kaneohe)
    Makaha Resort Golf Course - *** (Waianae)
    Mililani Golf Club - ** (Mililari)
    Olomana Golf Links - ** (Waimanalo)
    Pali Golf Course - * (Kaneohe)
    Pearl Country Club - ** (Aiea)
    Royal Hawaiian Golf Club - *** (Kailua)
    Ted Makalena Golf Course - * (Waipahu)
    Turtle Bay Resort (Fazio) - **** (Kahuku)
    Turtle Bay Resort (Palmer) - **** (Kahuku)
    Waikele Country Club - *** (Waipahu)
    West Loch Golf Course - * (Ewa Beach)
    ===========

Shaka! 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaka_sign

No'l

•  

i love that show!  use to watch it every day at lunch with my Dad.  when my wife wanted a dog, i told her only if i could name him Zeus.  thought about getting another one and naming it Apollo.

have fun!

•  

I would agree with Ko Olina, Very nice hotel, manmade coves for beaches, no waves. Nice course right there.  Enjoy your time there, so many things to see and do.

•  

Wherever you end up staying and playing, you should have a great time.  My last time on Oahu was 1968, on R&R from RVN, so I can't really speak to your desires.  We stayed in Waikiki and loved it because we could walk everywhere we wanted to go.  Rented a car late in the stay and visited the north shore and the east shore.  Loved every minute of it.

•  

I have played twice on Oahu, Luana Hills and Turtle Bay.  Turtle Bay is a very nice track, but Luana was a little more memorable for me.  Luana Hills felt like it was in the middle of the Jungle, very secluded.  

That brings back memories, old DryJoys P.R.O and my 905R with an Accra. 

•  

This should be Hawaii's state song. Devin there is no profanity in this song

•  

Very nice finishing position...

•  

BostonBuzza
    Very nice finishing position...

Pretty sure I snapped it into the crap left, I was way off that day! Almost certain you we being facetious anyways!  

•  

I was comparing it to your finishing position on avatar.  You have come a long way from a youngest back then to the Pro like finish that is now displayed.  Can't blame you for not having such a good day.  Very hard to focus while playing in the jungle.

•  

Thanks all for your help ! I will check them out.