Forums

front versus back nine

•  

GTJacket8
    SmithjssYou guys are really good.  I shoot in the high 80s.

You are not alone, Smith.  I'm currently a mid-to-high 80s shooter myself (just over a 12 index).

+1 . . . err, me, too!  I'm generally playing in the mid 80s.  Lately, I've visited . . . hello 90s.

Whenever one of my side is in the 30s, they make it difficult for me to find a game the next day.

But whenever a low 40s are paired with anywhere in the 50s, I get a call from everyone with a free limo service from my guys.

Lately, I'm getting free breakfast with that limo service.  They live and love differently, I guess.  

•  

Shot 42 on the front 9 in college, broke my driver while putting the headcover on (right under the grip). My coach watched me so no it wasn't in anger! with just a 3 wood on the back I shot 34 to shoot 78, my lowest round in a tournament to that point.

This year shot 33 on the front with an eagle and a birdie on the two par 5s (another birdie and a bogey mixed in). Shot 40 on the back with all pars and 2 doubles on the 2 par 5s. It was a weird 73 to say the least. Both my doubles came from going for the green in two: one plugging in the face of the bunker and the other I hit over the green OB.

•  

Too many flip flop rounds to count.  What I don''t like is the great front nine and the blowup on the back.

•  

I tend to shoot better on the back than the front, think it is just getting into the flow of the round and letting all of the other things running around in my head leave for a few hours! Playing today on a course where I usualy shoot 3-4 shots better on the back and we are starting on 10, so will be interesting to see how the day goes.

•  

All impressive scores.....Somewhere over the rainbow I will have a round in the 70s or 80s....For now happy to be shooting in the nineties. One mistake on the front or back can snowball into a messy 9 where i just can't get out of my own way. Yet there are days when I have to pinch myself cause everything is working just like magic !

•  

Whaql1
    Shot 42 on the front 9 in college, broke my driver while putting the headcover on (right under the grip). My coach watched me so no it wasn't in anger! with just a 3 wood on the back I shot 34 to shoot 78, my lowest round in a tournament to that point.

Guess your coach wasn't too hot with the math that day.  42+34=76, or did you simply mistype a 4 for a 6?

This year shot 33 on the front with an eagle and a birdie on the two par 5s (another birdie and a bogey mixed in). Shot 40 on the back with all pars and 2 doubles on the 2 par 5s. It was a weird 73 to say the least. Both my doubles came from going for the green in two: one plugging in the face of the bunker and the other I hit over the green OB.

•  

Congrats on the win.  It is hard to play a multiple day tournement knowing you have a decent lead going into the final day.  I think you have it figured out, DO NOT think about it and just play your game.

•  

FRED, THE 2 LOWEST SCORES I EVER SHOT WERE 39-29's=68 AT ST.LOUIS MUNI 18 IN 1958

•  

Dog, that is an impressive round.  29 on the back is a great finish.  How many birdies on the back?

• 3548 points

BostonBuzza

Congrats on the win.  It is hard to play a multiple day tournement knowing you have a decent lead going into the final day.  I think you have it figured out, DO NOT think about it and just play your game.

Thanks...It took me a few holes to figure out but, playing it safe and getting away from my original game plan was not the way to go. I just needed to stay aggressive and take the lines around the course that I knew, played in practice rounds, and the first 36 holes.   

•  

Whaql1

Guess your coach wasn't too hot with the math that day.  42+34=76, or did you simply mistype a 4 for a 6?

Nope I just have fat fingers haha it was a 76. Trying to type fast while at work haha

•  

I think the greatest differential I ever had was a 10 shot difference...I shot a 42 / 32 in the past...