Forums

Scotty Cameron Putter Weights

•  

Does anyone know where I can buy 2 20gram SC putter weights?

•  

Well there is always ebay, or sent your putter to the custom shop and have them install them for you. You get the old ones back. Just be sure to tell them to use minimal loctite when they install them or you will never get them out!

• 2756 points

The Cameron Collector, eBay or the Custom Shop.  Just be sure they are authentic or won't fit worth a darn.

Yeah, it's a good idea to add a little heat to them before taking them out...just helps soften the glue.  

• 3066 points

BostonBuzza
    Does anyone know where I can buy 2 20gram SC putter weights?

eBay or Amazon: I think eBay is less expensive.

Does anyone use different weights in the toe and heel? e.g. 15g in the toe and 10g in the heel.

What is the benefit?

•  

Brian,

I'd send to Custom Shop.  Get a grip and a cover and throw those on ebay.  You might come out with your weights paid for by the cover and grip sales.  :-)

www.scottycameron.com/.../default.asp

•  

AS RICK SAID, EBAY USUALLY HAS AN ASSORTMENT.

I GOT MINE ON EBAY.

I SUGGEST YOU NOT RUSH THE PURCHASE AND WATCH THE PRICES FOR A WEEK OR SO.

SOMETIMES THEY ARE A BIT EXPENSIVE BUT IF YOU WATCH FOR AWHILE YOU CAN GET A GOOD DEAL.

BE CAREFUL TO BUY WEIGHTS FOR YOUR PUTTER ,SOME ARE DIFFERENT.

•  

Last week eBay had about 7-8 of that weight.

•  

If you wanted to do something a little different, there are some places online that do custom stamping and color on the weights. I have a pair of Tebow stamped 20's in green if that would go with your color combinations.

•  

Thank you for all of the tips.  I did see them on E-bay, but was nervous about buying a replica and having them not fit properly.  

•  

Jlawton, are the 20's you have real Cameron's with after market stamping?  I am not too worried about the colors to be honest, just looking for a smoother feel with a heavier weight.

•  

i find them all the time on ebay and amazon

• 1495 points

I bought mine off of ebay..then just used a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the old ones...just make sure you tape the bottom to prevent the finish from being scratched.

• 2756 points

parthur
    BostonBuzzaDoes anyone know where I can buy 2 20gram SC putter weights?

eBay or Amazon: I think eBay is less expensive.

Does anyone use different weights in the toe and heel? e.g. 15g in the toe and 10g in the heel.

What is the benefit?

If you use different weights in the toe and heel you will change the balance and ultimately the sweet spot.  I wouldn't recommend it.

• 1495 points

I agree with Ryan...don't use different weights in the heel and toe...keep them the same and work on grooving your putting stroke.

•  

They aren't Authentic Scotty Cameron but do have the same weight and feel of the Cameron weights that I have. Just a little something different.