Forums

The next generation...

• 4967 points

Denise - You might get out tomorrow - warming up a bit! OR climb in the car and drive on down to the Cape - NO SNOW here - plenty of courses open and ready for play!!

•  

Denise Preston
    I bought a pink Junior Golf Set for my daughter tonight.  I can't wait to give it to her for her birthday on Monday. She is going to flip.  She keeps trying to use mine.

Atta boy, Girl!  It's going to be an amazing day for both of you! . . . keep us posted!

• 1316 points

golferdrmjr
    That's great Denise, way to go. How are you ever going to keep it a secret over the weekend? Now you'll have to play more often. Yeah!

I am really struggling with wanting to just give them to her. My husband is 100% behind mother-daughter golf outings.  The problem will be with my three-year-old. She doesn't deal with with being left at home with Dad while Mom does something fun.

•  

that's awesome!  i'm already debating when to get a set for my daughter.  she is 11 months old and i had her at the driving range with my last summer.  she only watched then, but next year i hope she can join me to at least make a swing at the ball.  i've already had her putt with me in our living room.

•  

OUTIGER
    Great News. I'm sure she will love them.

I started with a cut down older set.  One X-Mas I got a new set of Ping Eye 2's.  Still one of the best gifts ever, it continued my love of the game.  I still have that set in storage.

TT

i love the Ping Eye 2's.  i've had 2 sets in my life and i actually recently found a brand new set in my mom's attic.  they are left over from when we owned a golf store.  there are still in the protective wrapping and in the box.  i've been debating if i should pull them out and put them in a bag or just leave them in the box.  

•  

Golf clubs for the little ones are great.  Even if they don't turn out to be golfers. My son has a massive lead on all the kids he plays baseball with just from hitting the little ball in our yard. Happy birthday and hope your daughters enjoys the game.

• 1316 points

tdogg21
    that's awesome!  i'm already debating when to get a set for my daughter.  she is 11 months old and i had her at the driving range with my last summer.  she only watched then, but next year i hope she can join me to at least make a swing at the ball.  i've already had her putt with me in our living room.

11 months already....  wow, time flies.  

I have been watching/waiting for my daughter's interest to be sustained over longer activities. She seems to be there now.  She has made it through whole rounds of mini-golf and wanted more. So I now think I could contemplate taking her to our local Par 3 with me (and hopefully, Grampy, if I can get him). She is turning 7 on Monday.

•  

Hey Denise post a picture of the next LPGA star.  How old is she?

• 1316 points

NCBob
    Hey Denise post a picture of the next LPGA star.  How old is she?

She will be 7 on Monday.  I will try to get a picture of her when she opens them.

•  

Sounds like a new FJ Fashionista in the making to me ! lol

• 1316 points

My new golf buddy!  This is her face AFTER 45 minutes of hitting practice wiffle balls down to the pool.

•  

I have no idea about the junior shoes. What you could do is provide a certifcate good for one pair of Jr. Footjoys, then take her to your shop to be sized correctly.

•  

Looks like she's hooked! Too hard to wait till tomorrow wasn't it.

•  

LOOKS LIKE A FUTURE CHAMP TO ME.

WHAT A SWEETIE.

•  

Great pic Denise.  Determination in her smile for sure.

Deno