Forums

Golfer Disqualifies himself 6 days after tournament !

•  

only in golf 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/six-days-end-tournament-golfer-disqualifies-himself-230601115--golf.html

•  

I am glad for Barber.  He is the only person who knows, in his mind what is right in the game of golf.  If he thinks he moved the leaf, then he most likely did.  It takes a strong person to administer a penalty such as this, and certainly a costly one...I hope he gets a break soon and moves on.

Thanks for sharing the link to this story.  

-Brian

•  

Truly a class act. My late grandfather always reminded me that golf was a gentleman's game.

•  

OH, if only some of our every day or weekend golfers could act as sagely.

•  

Genuine character shining through along with attaining peace of mind....He will be rewarded for being a true player !

•  

That was a nice read.  Thanks, Randy!

Old people used to say, "a clear mind is richer than a cluttered wealth."  

Blayne Barber exudes pureness in his golf's heart and inner soul. . . I hope to hear more about the kid.  He is an interesting young man.

•  

wow.....that's why golf is the sport it is.  a lot of people don't understand why someone would do that.  and i tell them that's probably why they don't enjoy golf.

•  

Thought it was a great story.  Got to give the kid a lot of credit.  Imagine in football if a lineman calling a 15 yard holding penalty on himself.

• 625 points

A story like this is always nice to hear.

HOWEVER...that rule drives me nuts.  Club grazes a leaf in the sand...no advantage is gained...if anything, it could be more of a hindrance than anything, and all of a sudden, add 2 strokes?  Happened to Carl Pettersson this year and it arguably cost him the PGA Championship.  If you can hit the ball with a leaf in front of it and still get a good shot off, more power to you!

•  

A classy move by someone who will be paid back tenfold in this strange game of golf....

•  

Another bad golf rule.  Classy kid to call it after six days.

• 555 points

Have alot of respect for him, especially when it's to reach a goal or a dream of yours and you call a penalty on yourself to put that on hold!!! Mad respect!!