Forums

Prototype Balls

•  

No balls crossing the ocean. Bad luck for me.

•  

There's a lot of discussion of the prototype balls on the Team Titleist site.  Titleist has carefully not divulged any information about the comparison between the prototype balls and the current balls.  They are simply asking for feedback from typical users so they can further their R&D effort.  My test sleeve arrived Tuesday.  I'll probably play an extra 9 or 18 on Friday to give them a good test, then complete the survey form.  

Guys, if you've got balls to test and are ready to fill out the survey, check the Team Titleist discussions for information on which one to complete and how to get to it.

•  

I received mine a couple of weeks ago and have only managed to get in a quick nine with them due to soccer season going on.  I wasn't able to tell a whole lot because it was pretty cold when I played.  The only thing that I noticed compared to the current V1s was the feel off of the putter.  It had a slightly different feel that a liked.  I look forward to continuing to test them in the coming weeks!

•  

Sounds pretty cool getting to test out new prototypes.

Guess that's a reasonable excuse to join TT.

Enjoy and let us know what you think.

OZ-Crocman

•  

Got some yesterday too!  Just not sure if I'll get out before it snows in Iowa!  :-(

• 2762 points

I'll definitely provide them the feedback that they requested as we all should.  I know the data will be difficult to quantify but subjective input can be invaluable as well as long as the questions are structured well and they appear to be.  Enjoy!

•  

Ok I was able to play the test ball today, mine was the ProV1X red number.

Putting and short game around the green felt very similar, low biting shots, mid range pitch and high 15-20 yd pitches.

On full iron shots the test ball compressed better, leaving a slightly lower flight, boring with 3-6 yards more carry?

Hybrids and 3 wood seemed to have less side spin and straighter flight, carrying about the same but better flight, able to drive through easier.

Off the tee w the driver, ball flew lower and was hot off the face, 3-10 yards difference, depending on the shot... Ball was defiantly straighter for sure.

I really liked the way it reacted off the club face.

Hope everyone can try these... Well done!

• 1858 points

Mine showed up today and ill put them in play on Sunday and see how they are!

• 2762 points

Taking my sleeve out this afternoon.  Moderate wind and 69 degress!  I just hope they have blown the leeves away from the second cut.

•  

i got the test balls but it didnt come with a link to do the survey after they are tested.doesanyonehave the link for the survey for RED numbers - I heard there were two survey links - one for RED numbers and one for BLACK numbers ?

• 2947 points

I got the black numbers as well. The link on the insert is: survey.titleist.com/.../TitleistPrototype1

I checked it out and it does work. I have two rounds on my test balls and want 1-2 more before I submit my results.

• 2947 points

JBrown8451
    i got the test balls but it didnt come with a link to do the survey after they are tested.doesanyonehave the link for the survey for RED numbers - I heard there were two survey links - one for RED numbers and one for BLACK numbers ?

The survey link for Red numbered balls is survey.titleist.com/.../TitleistPrototype2

• 2762 points

Your sleeve should have come with a two sided paper survey.

•  

Guess I should not have been gone from the site so long...congrats to those participating...hope to be a part of future testing on products...

•  

On Monday last I too received a sleeve of the Prototype balls. Tested them out against my ProV1x on Wed. in 51 deg weather with winds 15 - 20 MPH and full sun. I am impressed with the new ball and gained more distance and control with it over the ProV1x. Much softer feeland chipping onto the greens was really nice.