Forums

913D...Comments anyone?

•  

Now I have to update my profile!

•  

very nice, let me know how it goes.

•  

Order placed today. Looking forward to getting it in my hands.

•  

Got four rounds with the new 913 in and I feel it is time to share my opinion on it.  

Mine is a 913 D3 8.5* with a Motore Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec X.

At address, like all Titleist clubs, it looks great. I could only see very minor tweaks in this department.  Flatter crown, slightly lighter paint, sits beautifully behind the ball, it just wants to be hit FAR.

The head and shaft combo definitely knocked my spin down from the 910 I used to game (910 D3 8.5 Kiyoshi 75X or a Accra Tour Z 75 X).  The lower spinning setup makes the wind almost obsolete, unless I am hitting dead into it.  Also on mishits the ball will definitely go...hard, especially of the toe.  Hit some bombs that were just slightly off the toe.  

All in all I am impressed with the stick and look forward to playing it when it is more then 45 degrees out!

•  

Glad to hear it has your stamp of approval!!  

•  

Thanks for the review, Devin.

• 311 points

heading down to Manchester lane in Acushnet next week for a fitting, Should be interesting to see what kind of set-up they come up with.

• 335 points

I was holding off on getting one....... I have been hitting my 910d3 with a fuji f1 great and was scared to make the change...... I was talked into hitting it from one of the pro's over at the Harmon club.... he set me up with the 913d3 with an AD X...... the face is so hot and he told me a few facts about the club I did not know..... this is coming from a man who played on the tour for 2 yrs was a fitter for the sr pga for 10 and has over 40 yrs experience, I figured I would listen..... So back in the day when Acushnet owned Cobra there driver heads was made from one piece then spot welded(not positive if thats the correct terminology) meaning the face had not inserts making them the strongest face drivers around.... hence why all the long drive guys are playing cobra's..... Acushnet is still the only ones in the industry with this technology he told me and this is the first Titleist head they used it in...... have not talk to anyone over at titleist to confirm this but I my longest drive on the launch monitor was 308 with my 910..... longest with 913 312......... Hence i was really going after it my average with the 913 was up 5yrds........ Placing my order this week

•  

WillyD

heading down to Manchester lane in Acushnet next week for a fitting, Should be interesting to see what kind of set-up they come up with.

Willy, best of luck with the fitting.  Not sure if you have ever been there before or not.  If not, you will be greatly impressed with the facility and most of all the team.  The place is in the middle of nowhere and once you get through the gates, its like heading into Wonka's chocolate factory.  You will be very impressed, I'm sure of it.  Let us know how it goes.

•  

Just got it today, hoping for some warmer weather so I can get out and hit it!

•  

It's too cold and the club is backwards Shaun.  Good luck hitting it before April.

TT

•  

Joe, next time I come in for testing, I will bring mine and you can swing away.  I love it.  Truly much better sounding on a solid hit.  

I know you rarely miss hit, but if you do come across one of them, the sweat spot is much bigger and more forgiving.

•  

The south is only a short plane ride away my friend. And us lefties like to think of it as the better side of the ball to stand on, thank you very much!

•  

BostonBuzza
    WillyD

Willy, best of luck with the fitting.  Not sure if you have ever been there before or not.  If not, you will be greatly impressed with the facility and most of all the team.  The place is in the middle of nowhere and once you get through the gates, its like heading into Wonka's chocolate factory.  You will be very impressed, I'm sure of it.  Let us know how it goes.

Oh man I wish I didn't read this thread.   Enablers! All of you!

I just looked at them over the weekend, and they really look great.  I haven't hit one yet, but since the adapters are the same, and everyone's getting more distance, I might just have to see what the fuss is all about.  As for Manchester Ln, that place is amazing.  I've been, and just loved it.  It's as close to the Tour as a mid-handicapper can get.  The staff is amazing, the experience is unforgettable, the results are real, and you get to see the robot!  It's worth every penny.  Looking at your pictures makes me want to go back.  Great pics Buzza!

•  

I demoed the 913 for a scramble and it felt great but I could tell my set up was all wrong with the demo. Bombed one drive and it felt like a marshmellow but I am sure I was spinning it off the map with the shaft that was in it. Once I get fitted then I will pull the trigger, but felt good with no settings.