Forums

SHOOTING IN THE 50"S GOLF BALLS FOR COLD WEATHER

•  

With football season almost here cold days on the golf course are not far behind . What is your favorite ball for cold weather?

•  

I use the same ball regardless of the weather conditions.  Pro V1x.  I usually don't play outdoors below 55*, so once it gets to that point, I use the indoor driving range, putting green and chipping greens at my club to practice for around the time it starts to get warm again.

Nebraska can get extremely cold and have some pretty nasty winters so if I do venture out, I certainly will not be playing any golf, only practicing indoors.

•  

I've never thought of switching balls.  I use a Pro V1 in all conditions.  Is there something to switching balls in the cold weather?

•  

I also use the same ball regardless of temperature. All I can say is any other ball that I have hit in the cold really hurts my hands. Pro V1x s are my ball of choice in any weather or temperature.

•  

Ill continue to play my ProVX regardless of temperature or any other condtions.

•  

I have found that I tend to lose a significant amount of distance in the cold. Of course wet fairways, howling wind, along with the pint of Jack (just kidding!) will contribute to the loss of distance. However I have found going to a lower compression ball (sometimes marketed as a ball for women) I am able to get better distance.

Although I have not tried any other women's products (not even any of my wife's undergarments) but if it can be scientifically shown to cut 3 strokes off my score she had better get a lock for her drawers (pun somewhat intended).

•  

I will use the NXT tour in the fall, simply because when the leaves are falling balls get lost very easily, even in the middle of the fairway. Until I get a golf ball contract with Titleist, I have to be a little more economical.

If the sun is shining, I will play with the temp in the 30's. There are courses open year round in Chicago.

•  

I go to a little softer ball in the colder temps.  I will either switch to the ProV1 or the B'stone B330-RX.  The softer compression really helps in terms for feel.

Tim

•  

pro v1x