Forums

Player / Caddy Conversations.....

•  

Mason Rudolph, a pretty good tour player back in the 1960’s was playing a tournament. Back then nobody had personal caddies except Arnie or Jack. Mason’s caddie that day had carried Arnold’s bag the day before in a pro-am because Arnie’s guy could not make the tournament till the first day.

Mase was 2 under going in to number 14 a short par 3 with water and the pin up front near the edge of the lake.  He asked his caddie for a club recommendation. The conversation went like this:

Caddie: A seven iron

Mason: You caddied for Palmer yesterday didn’t you?

Caddie: Yes Sir

Mason: What did he hit?

Caddie: An eight

Rudolph got angry, if Palmer can hit an eight well so can I! Taking an eight he swung a lot harder than he normally would. Catching the ball absolutely flush he followed the path of the ball as it sailed into the air. He gazed as it descended straight at the pin. That will show him, he thought, then he watched in horror as the ball splashed into the water, a few feet short of the green.

Enraged he turned to the caddie, “I thought you said Palmer hit an eight iron?”

“Yes sir, he was in the water too”

Over heard from a Waxo Green 19th hole story telling session.

•  

glad this forum was brought back up to the forefront...needed a good laugh today...thanks....

•  

Top 10 and bholley's were but pretty funny. We need to see the lighter side of golf, even if it's not too often. 

•  

grumpy830

Top 10 and bholley's were but pretty funny. We need to see the lighter side of golf, even if it's not too often. 

Thanks, check out the funniest things to happen on the golf course and also the craziest thing posts

•  

19hole

# 10 -- Golfer: "Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake.
                Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

# 9 -- Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course.
             "Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

# 8 -- Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"
              Caddy: "Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now."

# 7 -- Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"
              Caddy: "Eventually."

# 6 -- Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."
              Caddy: "I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence."

# 5 -- Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much
              of a distraction."
              Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

# 4 -- Golfer: "How do you like my game?"
              Caddy: "Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf."

# 3 -- Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?"
              Caddy: "The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day."

# 2 -- Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."
              Caddy: "This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago."

And the #1 Best Caddy Comment.....
      # 1 -- Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too old."
               Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

best.....post....ever...

•  

bholley
    Mason Rudolph, a pretty good tour player back in the 1960’s was playing a tournament. Back then nobody had personal caddies except Arnie or Jack. Mason’s caddie that day had carried Arnold’s bag the day before in a pro-am because Arnie’s guy could not make the tournament till the first day.
    Mase was 2 under going in to number 14 a short par 3 with water and the pin up front near the edge of the lake.  He asked his caddie for a club recommendation. The conversation went like this:
    Caddie: A seven iron
    Mason: You caddied for Palmer yesterday didn’t you?
    Caddie: Yes Sir
    Mason: What did he hit?
    Caddie: An eight
    Rudolph got angry, if Palmer can hit an eight well so can I! Taking an eight he swung a lot harder than he normally would. Catching the ball absolutely flush he followed the path of the ball as it sailed into the air. He gazed as it descended straight at the pin. That will show him, he thought, then he watched in horror as the ball splashed into the water, a few feet short of the green.
    Enraged he turned to the caddie, “I thought you said Palmer hit an eight iron?”
    “Yes sir, he was in the water too”
    Over heard from a Waxo Green 19th hole story telling session.

very funny, I'd heard that before but it was great to read again

•  

19! These were quite nice. I guess I'll have to post one up here that is my personal, all time favorite. Stay tuned!

•  

I would LOVE some more player/caddy conversation jokes if anyone has some!