Forums

New Titleist Utility Irons

•  

With the 712 stamping I suspect we will see these in the spring of 2013. If they were for 2014 release they would no doubt be stamped 714.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Adam Scott and Kyle Stanley have been using a similar utility iron in recent weeks.  Not sure if it was a precursor to that iron or not...I work for FJ!

I have a sneaking suspicion you could probably arrange to get your hands on club or two.

• 1962 points

I'm hoping these get released, I'd love to give them a try!

•  

joshgiano
    Devin_GmitterAdam Scott and Kyle Stanley have been using a similar utility iron in recent weeks.  Not sure if it was a precursor to that iron or not...I work for FJ!

I have a sneaking suspicion you could probably arrange to get your hands on club or two.

If it were a prototype shoe; yes, probably could!  

I talked to the guy who designed the early prototypes and I recall him saying something to the effect of "it is very forgiving for how thin and sleek it looks...and it is HOT off the face."

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    joshgianoDevin_GmitterAdam Scott and Kyle Stanley have been using a similar utility iron in recent weeks.  Not sure if it was a precursor to that iron or not...I work for FJ!

I talked to the guy who designed the early prototypes and I recall him saying something to the effect of "it is very forgiving for how thin and sleek it looks...and it is HOT off the face."

You gonna game a utility iron or two?

• 2953 points

The new prototype 712U utilities do look nice. Can't find a hint for a release date though.

• 335 points

They look great..... lets just hope Titleist makes them available to the public....... they are tour only as of now........

•  

joshgiano
    Devin_GmitterjoshgianoDevin_GmitterAdam Scott and Kyle Stanley have been using a similar utility iron in recent weeks.  Not sure if it was a precursor to that iron or not...I work for FJ!

You gonna game a utility iron or two?

I have to say I am intrigued by them as I tend to hit the long irons a little better then hybrids.  Hybrids get a little "spinny" for me and I feel with the new proto utility you can hit some low bullets.  The new 913H looks amazing though too, going to be a tough decision!